Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: WP Developments 68RFE Valve Body Studs

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

WP Developments 68RFE Valve Body Studs

I rarely will recommend products, but this is a product that will truly help with longevity and keep fluid where it’s supposed to be.

I’ll start by saying I’m getting nothing out of this.

I was trying to help a small shop that has been pushing the limits of the 68RFE and improving it along the way.

Some of you know I deal heavily in transmissions, mostly performance builds. I just wanted to recommend a new product that anyone upgrading valve bodies should at least look into.

Through testing, I’ve found the valve body to case ports have a tendency to leak fluid back into the pan due to surface finish/lack of gasket, etc.

I’ve flat sanded the case using bonded separator plates used, sealer, etc., to attempt to solve this issue.

The bonded separator plates initially work great, but with higher hp trucks, over time, the bonded portion can blow out, which causes the leak to return and can also push the gasket into the valves causing other issues.

These studs eliminate that issue.

They are listed on his Facebook page, WP Developments.

I didn’t see them listed on his website yet.

He also released studs to solve the same issue with the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: WP Developments 68RFE Valve Body Studs

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    I rarely will recommend products, but this is a product that will truly help with longevity and keep fluid where it’s supposed to be.

I was trying to help a small shop that has been pushing the limits of the 68RFE and improving it along the way.

Some of you know I deal heavily in transmissions, mostly performance builds. I just wanted to recommend a new product that anyone upgrading valve bodies should at least look into.

Through testing, I’ve found the valve body to case ports have a tendency to leak fluid back into the pan due to surface finish/lack of gasket, etc.

I’ve flat sanded the case using bonded separator plates used, sealer, etc., to attempt to solve this issue.

The bonded separator plates initially work great, but with higher hp trucks, over time, the bonded portion can blow out, which causes the leak to return and can also push the gasket into the valves causing other issues.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d542d4884b.jpg

That’s a great idea!

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: WP Developments 68RFE Valve Body Studs

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...d542d4884b.jpg

Thank you, I saw something on Facebook a couple of weeks ago and thought it was still under development.

I looked on his website, and it looks like they are available now.

I went and ordered a set.

https://www.wp-developments.com/prod.../68RFE-vb-stud

2018 2500 68RFE, Amp steps, Thurn leveling kit, and suspension,

Harters wheels 35 in tires. coming: Trans tuning, intake horn, 3.5 in charge pipes.

18 BigHorn 2500 Delmonico Red

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post