Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  27

Thread: RaceME Ultra - Error Changing Ranges

1. Top Of Page | #1

RaceME Ultra - Error Changing Ranges

I hope everyone is well!

Yesterday I came upon an issue with my RaceME Ultra.

I installed a boost gauge in my RAM due to the RaceMe only reading to 36 PSI of boost (I am 2nd gen swapped), and after installation, I wanted to adjust some ranges on my Ultra. (Green into Red ranges)

Upon changing my Engine Coolant Temp 3rd range and pressing save, the Ultra seems to freeze up on a please wait for the screen, while simultaneously flashing the side light Green 4x and Red 1x, and continuing that flashing pattern indefinitely.

I recently (3 months ago) 2nd gen swapped and installed Ray's SD Card sent through the mail, and it also updated the Ultra to the latest software.

It has since been running great until this minor issue.

I can change the gauge layout and save it without issue, but I cannot change any gauge parameter ranges without this error.

To clear it, I have to unplug the Ultra from the OBDII port or unplug the Micro USB from the back of the screen.

If anyone has any recommendations, that would be very helpful.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

2013 RAM 2500 G56 4X4 CCSB - Stainless Diesel S467.7/83/1.0 2nd Gen Swap, Carli Balljoints, SBDD 3250 Clutch, FASS Ti 165

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, rsl0311usmc thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra - Error Changing Ranges

Hopefully, other Ultra users will have some suggestions.

With these issues, DRD will generally direct us to MM3 Power.

I would reach out to DRD.

He may be able to help or suggest a RaceME Ultra supplier for support.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

All one can do in this scenario is start bugging Fran at RaceME GMHB and RaceME Canada, be persistent, descriptive, and patient, and play the card as if you're using their box tunes, not someone's 3rd party stuff.

Albeit the only way to tune is with their wrap program, what they don't know, probably won't hurt them here.

What update did you install the DRD card on?

I'm on the February 2022 edition of their software and don't have any of those specific things occur, as I've changed a few things around and set various alarms to notify me when to settle down a little bit.

6. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Did you end up figuring out this issue?

My boost displays 0-100 psi but wants the range to be 0-40 or 50, so I can read the gauge accurately and quickly.

It freezes just like yours when I press save.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

I just came across this thread.

This is the exact issue I am currently dealing with.

I have been working with RaceME Canada all morning to narrow it down.

My issue is on a 2016, and it all started when putting the SD card in with new custom tunes and performing an update to the latest software.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by JakeFromStateFarm View Post
    I hope everyone is well!

Yesterday I came upon an issue with my RaceME Ultra.

I installed a boost gauge in my RAM due to the RaceMe only reading to 36 PSI of boost (I am 2nd gen swapped), and after installation, I wanted to adjust some ranges on my Ultra. (Green into Red ranges)

Upon changing my Engine Coolant Temp 3rd range and pressing save, the Ultra seems to freeze up on a please wait for the screen, while simultaneously flashing the side light Green 4x and Red 1x, and continuing that flashing pattern indefinitely.

I recently (3 months ago) 2nd gen swapped and installed Ray's SD Card sent through the mail, and it also updated the Ultra to the latest software.

It has since been running great until this minor issue.

I can change the gauge layout and save it without issue, but I cannot change any gauge parameter ranges without this error.

To clear it, I have to unplug the Ultra from the OBDII port or unplug the Micro USB from the back of the screen.

If anyone has any recommendations, that would be very helpful.

I appreciate any help you can provide.
    Did you ever correct your issue?

I am currently stuck with the exact same problem.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Well, I solved the issue myself after trying things and getting tired of waiting for a phone call back.

I took my old SD card from when I had Ray's tunes on it for my custom VGT tunes and opened it up, and left everything alone except I deleted my old ecm profile and then erased my sound tunes, especially the whistle considering I am non-VGT now.

Then not as if it probably matters, I put my newer three sound tunes for my second-gen swap back on the card.

The biggest reason I did all this is I knew I had an older version of the RaceME firmware.

So I didn't and will not update this card.

I flashed the tuner back down in firmware to an older version which I will post below.

Then I flashed the truck to Ray's custom 2nd Gen swap tunes, and wouldn't you know it, everything works like it used to.

So obviously, there is a massive issue with the new firmware.

If it isn't broken, don't fix it, and I will not be updating anything at this point.

Here is the version I noticed changed, and it is the correct working version if this helps anyone.

Attached Images Attached Images

14. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post