Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  32

Thread: Factory Alarm Upgrade?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Factory Alarm Upgrade?

OK, 2010 RAM 2500 with keyless entry, bought new, no alarm.

The way I figure, with a TIPM unit, an alarm should be as easy as uploading the sales code into the TIPM.

I have added uconnect and going in to have them upload that sales code and the sales code for a factory brake controller, and I assume this should be just turned on.

All components are in place with a body computer, horn, and keyless.

Am I off-base on this?

Does anyone know?

Doing research now.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Factory Alarm Upgrade?

OK, thanks to alfaobd, I was right, everything in place for an alarm, just a matter of turning it on. I had to flip several switches to get it working. First attempt, I just got a red light on the dash, solid, wouldn't go out. It was looking for something I didnt have. So turned it back off. Started to investigate, see a hood latch switch as part of the security system. Mine does not have this switch.

But just above the security system (chose VTA) I open the security switch menu, see 3 choices, just picked "no knockout" and its done, the body computer ignored the hood switch and now the factory alarm sets, red light blinks fast for about 3 seconds in dash, then a slower pace once set. I pulled the door knobs open, alarm went off, signal lamps blinked.

Loving my alfaobd, have turned on my factory brake controller I added 12 years ago, and my uconnect blue tooth I added last year.
    Added reverse chime, deleted seat belt buzzer (light still illuminates) and that's all I will do for now. Like all my settings as is.

I got the windows version (had this program for like 3 yrs, just stumbling around trying to figure it out) and run it like an old pro. Can interrogate to see where current settings are at now.

Everyone in here needs this program, supposed to work on 2006 and up, but in 2018, you need a special bypass cable to get around the security gateway computer. Simple solution.
    I use the wireless OBD MXlink, plug into OBD2 port, and open program on laptop. They have an android version too, so you can use a phone or tablet.

You can do the pre set up for a new turbo actuator, plug in new actuator, but not installed, run the sweep, then bolt on and your done. Has loads and loads of active test available, this is where you can command something to turn on, ie left turn. This can tell you the lamp circuit is good from body computer to lamp etc. It can read and erase codes, see running data

Can turn of tire monitor or change threshold settings, program new sensors.
    Can change tire size settings, axle ratio, fuel tank size, its absolutely endless.
    This is a very powerful tool and should be respected, the power of a factory dealer at your disposal.
    You can save your settings in case you make a mistake (save original to a file)
    Program keys
    Retrieve your 4 digit security PIN to program keys
    Turn on remote start

Not just a tool for body ECU mods, it can get current injector compensation codes from injectors and also allows you to rewrite codes if you replace injectors.

I have the Autel tablets and purchased a second version of this software I will put in my Autel MS906BT scan tool, have it in my Autel MX808BT, but have a buddy who may purchase that unit.

When an update is available, turning computer on, it upgraded automatically and in a minute or less.

Anyway, no dog in the fight, just sharing what I found as an extremely valuable tool.
    I put up a link, full version is $50, best money I ever spent. If you get a second copy, like i did ie my android version, its half price.

ALFA OBD

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That review made me want to get it now! I’ve been concerned that if I do a flash with Alfa OBD, it would flash the pcm…does it just flash the bcm?

Also, for those who haven’t gotten Alfa OBD, like me, there’s another hack to turn the seatbelt chime off! Start by sitting in drivers seat with seatbelt on, ignition off. Turn ignition to run, but don’t start. Unbuckle and buckle the seat belt 3x times (you should end with seatbelt buckled). Turn ignition off. You will hear a chime. Voila! No more chime! This worked on my 2014 and my 2021.

2021 Ram 2500 Crew Cab SB, Billet Silver Night Edition, Tuned by CCS/EFI Live, 5 position SOTF, 5” exhaust with Aeroturbine 5050xl resonator/muffler, S&B Intake, 295/60’s on stock 20’s.

6. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech, AK Bob thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jwaller View Post
    That review made me want to get it now! I’ve been concerned that if I do a flash with Alfa OBD, it would flash the pcm…does it just flash the bcm?

Also, for those who haven’t gotten Alfa OBD, like me, there’s another hack to turn the seatbelt chime off! Start by sitting in drivers seat with seatbelt on, ignition off. Turn ignition to run, but don’t start. Unbuckle and buckle the seat belt 3x times (you should end with seatbelt buckled). Turn ignition off. You will hear a chime. Voila! No more chime! This worked on my 2014 and my 2021.

2021 Ram 2500 Crew Cab SB, Billet Silver Night Edition, Tuned by CCS/EFI Live, 5 position SOTF, 5” exhaust with Aeroturbine 5050xl resonator/muffler, S&B Intake, 295/60’s on stock 20’s.
    I never uploaded any software, only just changed settings, IE flipping switches.

I only changed body settings. You can pick the section you want to go into. For most of these settigns, I go into Body Controller, then pick in the massive list, customer settings. Not even in the engine section. Pretty safe.

I am not really uploading new software in these body settings, just moving switches. You can interogate to see where its at now. Make notes, do one change at a time, write it down. So if it affect something else, you can swap back. Stay out of areas you have no biz in, ie off road pkg, may automatically make other adjustments for you. Same goes for police vehicle etc.

As for alfaobd, download it, then request activation code. Enter code, it comes alive.
    If you move to a new PC, deactivate that program first.

Oh, want to change to LEDs, you have that setting too, headlamps, same deal, no adding resistors.

Because you have a 21, you need the bypass cable, just plugs right into star connector behind drivers knee bolster.

Now if for some reason, the dealer did a flash update on my truck, the sales codes for these items have not been uploaded to Chrysler, so I would lose my settings, but simple, just turn them back on, take 5 minutes.

8. Thanks Jwaller thanked for this post
    Likes Jwaller, watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

That’s excellent info right there!

I already have the bypass to star connector wired into my OBD; that should work.

I will figure out how to save this thread; maybe you could put a sticky on it?

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

That’s great info right there! I have the bypass to star connector wired into my OBD already, that should work? I’m gonna figure out how to save this thread, maybe you could put a sticky on it?

Does it have a white and a green connector for the STAR connector? If so, it will work. The alfa site has a link to a bypass cable on their main page.

You may be able to subscribe to a thread and it will notify you of any reply on it???

12. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Does it have a white and a green connector for the STAR connector? If so, it will work. The alfa site has a link to a bypass cable on their main page.

You may be able to subscribe to a thread and it will notify you of any reply on it???
    Yes, it’s already plugged into that panel above the e brake and it’s just wired in to my obd2 for my efi live. That should work right?

14. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yes, it’s already plugged into that panel above the e brake and it’s just wired in to my obd2 for my efi live. That should work right?

Yep, get it and then get the link by clicking link below, it will be the best thing you have done. Download the app or program (PC or android) and pay the bill, get activation code, I can walk ya though it.

OBD Link

16. Thanks Corkey, Jwaller thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, Jwaller liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I little update, I now have 3 copies of alfaobd, one on a windows PC laptop, my Autel MS906BT scan tool (android op system) and got another version for my phone (android)

I love my Alpha.

18. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, Power247 liked this post