Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shudder/Vibration With Load In 1st Gear Uphill

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Shudder/Vibration With Load In 1st Gear Uphill

So I pulled the driveline and took it into a trusted driveline repair shot, and they said it appears to be in pretty good shape.

He said there was a tiny bit of noise from the carrier bearing, but they’re not replaceable if these two price own drivelines.

Could the shaking have been transmission related?

Maybe just a strange coincidence?

I haven’t been able to repeat it since the one time.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tsherm14 View Post
    So I pulled the driveline and took it into a trusted driveline repair shot, and they said it appears to be in pretty good shape.

He said there was a tiny bit of noise from the carrier bearing, but they’re not replaceable if these two price own drivelines.

Could the shaking have been transmission related?

Maybe just a strange coincidence?

I haven’t been able to repeat it since the one time.
    Just a note, the carrier bearing is replaceable.

See attached video.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tsherm14 View Post
    Attachment 14889

So I asked a friend to look at the joints, and he said it didn’t look distinctly red.

They aren’t loose at all.

Would you still recommend changing the joints to solve the issue?

I don’t want to pull the driveline and do all that work if it’s unnecessary.
    You need to take it out and move each joint on both axis, and it should not feel lumpy at all; butter smooth is what you want to feel.

These are common issues; your symptom points to this, so do the full inspection.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Just a note, the carrier bearing is replaceable.

See attached video.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

He had his grease zerk pointed in the wrong direction.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12