Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Emission Requirements Are Costing Trucking Companies!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Emission Requirements Are Costing Trucking Companies!

If there are doubts that the emissions requirements are a failer, the company I'm contracted with used to trade in their trucks at 600k miles.

Due to the cost of maintaining DPF and all that other crap they now trade in at 250k-300k.

I can't afford to do that as I'm just one truck and driver.

Last month, I replaced DEF quality, pressure, and NOx sensors.

I'm now about to pull out the DPF and get it cleaned.

Unfortunately, deleting it isn't an option due to the places I run.

But I can tell you my pickup will be getting deleted soon cause there's no way I can afford to have these issues with two trucks.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Emission Requirements Are Costing Trucking Companies!

It is truly sad how we are losing our freedoms to a group of wicked evil people!

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes AK Bob, CrazyTrain, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

As a manager of a trucking company at least 80% of the issues we encounter are emissions related. It is ridiculous how much money we spend to keep this junk functional. Sensors are a minimum of $400 if there is one in stock. i had a new 2020 sit for 6 weeks waiting on a DEF quality sensor. If we could get rid of this junk my mechanic would have nothing to do most of the time. We used to trade in our trucks at 1-1.2 million miles but for about the last 7-8 yrs they get the engine rebuilt at around 400k miles then are wore out around 750-800k miles. After that it costs more to maintain than to replace. Now we are seeing a shortage of new trucks so we are having to foot the bill to keep these older trucks on the road. I feel for the owner operators out there for sure. High fuel and maintenance costs are taking them out. Then there is the new law in California that ended owner ops based in the state. Unfortunately too many do not see what is happening and are willing to do something to change it.

2018 Ram 3500 (Aisin) Laramie 4X4 CCSB White/Silver.
    2018 Mustang GT Lightning Blue 6 spd manual.
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

6. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, CrazyTrain, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I was lucky it only took 4 days to get my def quality sensor. The guy I bought my truck off of a little over a year ago had another truck he was trying to sell but needed a def quality sensor and he didn't want to sell tell it came in. It sat for probably 6 months b4 he was able to get 1 and now the demand for trucks has gone down cause of the lower freight prices. When I bought mine trucks where in high demand and when Ever he listed a truck it would be sold the next day. He hasn't gotten a single call on this truck in months

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post