Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  65
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T51R Mods

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

T51R Mods

I'm gathering up a list for a bigger build.

S467
    180hp 78% overs
    10M CP3
    Doc's band-aid
    I was thinking of new springs for the valves for safety assurance.

My question is, I've started researching this mod "new to my knowledge."

There are controversial arguments between people for and against it.

I want some feedback from folks that have or have this installed.

The goals are for 700-750hp.

I would instead buy once then twice.

My S464 has maybe 6k on it that I will be selling when the time comes.

I'll continue to research more.

Thanks, fellas.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

T51R Mods

You definitely need to upgrade springs and pushrods when fuel is added.

I recommend springs and pushrods for anything pushing more than 45psi boost.

*Edit saw you were asking about T51r. IMO it does nothing but make the truck annoying to drive due to noise level.

I haven’t seen any evidence that it changes airflow maps.

If insanely loud turbo is what your after get it. Trucks I’ve worked on/driven with it gets old quick driving them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: T51R Mods

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    You definitely need to upgrade springs and pushrods when fuel is added.

I recommend springs and pushrods for anything pushing more than 45psi boost.

*Edit saw you were asking about T51r. IMO it does nothing but make the truck annoying to drive due to noise level.

I haven’t seen any evidence that it changes airflow maps.

If insanely loud turbo is what your after get it. Trucks I’ve worked on/driven with it gets old quick driving them.

Thanks for the input bud

Springs an rods should be thrown in since its going further into the build

Just cant seem to hear the whistle i'm desiring on the 6.7

I know the 5.9's have a lot louder set up

Just trying to get some input

Can't seem to find a legitimate 6.7 2G swap T51R video to reference from

I know they are loud, not to mention, I'm straight piped with no res or muffler ATM

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Thanks for the input bud

Springs an rods should be thrown in since its going further into the build

Just cant seem to hear the whistle i'm desiring on the 6.7

I know the 5.9's have a lot louder set up

Just trying to get some input

Can't seem to find a legitimate 6.7 2G swap T51R video to reference from

I know they are loud, not to mention, I'm straight piped with no res or muffler ATM
    Get a stainless diesel turbo they have a 5 blade. I went forced inductions billet. I love it. Just my opinion I would rather have more blades I can move more air. I’m not familiar with the t51r mod. Guess I will have to look it up.

8. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, K3n357, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Collin42 View Post
    Get a stainless diesel turbo they have a 5 blade. I went forced inductions billet. I love it. Just my opinion I would rather have more blades I can move more air. I’m not familiar with the t51r mod. Guess I will have to look it up.

Appreciate the suggestion man

I'll stick to INDUSTRIAL INJECTION for the turbo set up

They haven't done me wrong at all, and I tend to speak one person every time that has came up with my current build

What research I have done is, 5 blades will bring on the torque later on in the power curve

11 blades will spool up really quickly in the beginning

The T51R mod just uses a CNC machined housing and to the compressor itself "I think."

It gives any turbo a stupid loud whistle, basically, I cringe saying this a " Ford "turbo sound but I guess even louder

Probably like what's stated above, its annoyingly loud which my ears have tinnitus any how from the Military

There's a dude on YouTube that machines these for all makes, which is where I heard about the mod

10. Likes AK Bob, K3n357, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I'm gathering up a list for a bigger build.

S467
    180hp 78% overs
    10M CP3
    Doc's band-aid
    I was thinking of new springs for the valves for safety assurance.

My question is, I've started researching this mod "new to my knowledge."

There are controversial arguments between people for and against it.

I want some feedback from folks that have or have this installed.

The goals are for 700-750hp.

I would instead buy once then twice.

My S464 has maybe 6k on it that I will be selling when the time comes.

I'll continue to research more.

Thanks, fellas.
    from my experience the 5 blade FI's i've had whistle pretty good.

For headwork stock heads work good with spring and valves. From what i've done and seen from d&j and firepunk to me a d&j head's or fleece head's are beneficial even on stock fueling to fuel upgrades some may not agree.
    downside they are getting more and more pricey.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

12. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    from my experience the 5 blade FI's i've had whistle pretty good.

For headwork stock heads work good with spring and valves. From what i've done and seen from d&j and firepunk to me a d&j head's or fleece head's are beneficial even on stock fueling to fuel upgrades some may not agree.
    downside they are getting more and more pricey.
    I have a stock head as well with cam

I have fuel upgrades, but wanting more

60hp dragon fly injectors with 33% over CP3

Jumping up to the 180hp maybe a bit to much, but can be dialed down to make everything work together

I don't want to dump heavy smoke going up a grade, but I don't know if I can avoid it other than dropping a few power levels, which is fine

14. Likes AK Bob, K3n357, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

-from my current setup since i have the ported head it helps with the added fuel since there's more air flowing/less restriction. i still see a little haze from stops. Hills i see very little not really noticeable unless you really look. Haven't tried towing anything yet. Tuning will help just can't get rid of all haze depending on injector sizing. Doc's done 3 revisions haze will be there no matter what we do for my setup.

-when the truck was stock just a 2nd gen s464 power-flo pump.

I would see 48-50psi wot little smoke when under load ran like that for 2 ish years. Then i did the stg 1 head my boost dropped to 40-43psi less restriction more airflow and no smoke at all under load compared to the stock head.

-it really comes down to how well the whole setup works together. Elevation you're at can play a part aswell. -what are the plans for the truck?
    -what stall converter you currently running? -What cam you end up getting?

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

16. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I'm roughly 300ft above sea level

I still have a stock cam

Goals are to have a Roudy Street truck 700 to 750, if I did anymore, I would go with D&J x or H beam rods "just don't have that money yet."

I went with a triple disc premier supply converter but it's just what my trans guy deals and builds with

I don't tow, if anything a enclosed trailer, I know with the S467 it'll have no issue

With that being said, I think a 7 blade "maybe ill do the 5" billet wheel to not be laggy

The injectors should help a lot for the low boost to bring it a live to hit hard

18. Likes AK Bob, K3n357, watersupply189 liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I'm roughly 300ft above sea level

I still have a stock cam

Goals are to have a Roudy Street truck 700 to 750, if I did anymore, I would go with D&J x or H beam rods "just don't have that money yet."

I went with a triple disc premier supply converter but it's just what my trans guy deals and builds with

I don't tow, if anything a enclosed trailer, I know with the S467 it'll have no issue

With that being said, I think a 7 blade "maybe ill do the 5" billet wheel to not be laggy

The injectors should help a lot for the low boost to bring it a live to hit hard
    -I was in the boat of i want more power but stock bottom end. it was piece by piece building my motor

-Find a good shop for the head work. pressure check, springs, valves.

-You'll love your setup once you do it.

20. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast