Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  437
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

OK, I have a 40-acre timber farm, built a cabin on it, and just got stupid carried away with the whole thing.

Make a USFS like park/state park, the cabin is called the ranger station.

I have actual campsites, solar well maint and operations building and my latest project was a direct result of beetle kill ponderosa pines.

Life hands you beetle kills, you make log structures.

Fell dead snag, wood was solid.

Hauled to ranger station with Kubota.

Milled into 2" thick slabs (6 total) Was 15 degrees out, thta was high temp that day.

Slabs stored and dried out.

With a biscuit cutter, we built a 11 foot long, 32 inch deep serving counter for the log shelter.

Some pics inside ranger station.

I hand built that woodstove, couldnt find one with my dimensions.

I have been told its money well wasted.

I have bear, moose, wolves, grizzly (rare) white tail, mule deer, wild turkey, grouse, bobcats, cougars and loads of coyotes, hear them yelping like crazy at dusk.

Bear, getting into my stuff.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

If your located in mid to southern WA, I wouldn't mind a campfire and a few jokes!

I'm here in OR, just NW of Salem.

If you have crops, you probably have L.O.P tags? "deer or elk."

I haven't gotten a cougar yet; it's on my bucket list.

Awesome little station wasted money my.

I'm sure you got hit with this last year's ice storm fairly good.

Suggestion from the head fall/snag

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I'm in north central WA, elevation is 3400 feet at the lowest point (SW corner) and 3600 feet at the highest spot NE corner.

You are welcomes to stop by and visit anytime.

I'll let you know when I head up.

I have nice campsites, all with picnic tables.

No fire pits, fires are a no no most of the time.

I'll post some campsites, solar well, container (done right to not look ugly)...

They say we have elk, no one has seen them, closest large town is Omak.

I mostly see white tail on my place, Mule deer are higher up, past my place, goes up 5000 to 6000 feet, Mule deer there.

Lots of turkeys.

We had a gaggle walk through my camp 2 weeks ago, my french bulldog didnt see then, told the wife, turkeys, lets see what Nugget does. He didnt know what to think, just knew they were bigger than he is.

Was cute.

He got tough with them when he knew they were far enough back off the road into the pine grass.

I have this sign, dont think it helps.

Everyone says containers are ugly, I tell them they are doing it all wrong then.

My campspot

Outstanding in my field. LOL

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

LOL love it, man!

Appreciate the invite; I'm getting busy down my way with Elk season just starting yesterday.

I am also trying to home in on a fall bear at the same time.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    LOL love it man!

Appreciate the invite, I'm getting busy down my way with Elk season just started yesterday

Also trying to home in on a fall bear at the same time

We got bears, dont lock up your BBQ, they tear it apart, lick it clean. Feeders for deer or turkey, they climb the trees, tear then down and eat all the feed from them.

Some of thes pictures shows weeds growing in campsites, was getting overwhelmed spraying by hand, so upgraded this year, just sprayed the all graveled areas 2 weeks ago. Added a Northern Tool unit for the back of my Kawasaki Mule. Boom sprayer plus a hand wand, pressure regulated. Slick, took me 45 minutes to spray everything down, all roads, campsites, so did it twice. Head up in April, May, June and August.

boom_sprayer.jpg

sprayer_booms.jpg

7. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, 5001craig thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    LOL love it man!

Appreciate the invite, I'm getting busy down my way with Elk season just started yesterday

Also trying to home in on a fall bear at the same time
    Corkey, do you have real estate to hunt on (private) or use USFS, DNR, BLM etc? I see Oregon is full of fed owned property. You guys have the same terrain we do ie west side wet (cedars, firs hemlock and the wet trees, ie alder, maple), east side dry with ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, spruce, tamarack, aspens in wetter areas/drainages...

9. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Nice little ranch you created my friend. To bad I’m over 3,000 miles away. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

11. Thanks Corkey, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, toyota_mdt_tech, AK Bob liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Corkey, do you have real estate to hunt on (private) or use USFS, DNR, BLM etc? I see Oregon is full of fed owned property. You guys have the same terrain we do ie west side wet (cedars, firs hemlock and the wet trees, ie alder, maple), east side dry with ponderosa pine, lodgepole pine, spruce, tamarack, aspens in wetter areas/drainages...
    Unfortunately all I can hunt is BLM, TRIBAL LAND, USFS as well with timber company lands ie Hampton and handock

The fire danger level is set to high currently, meaning, private lands are closed to all access

Went out earlier this morning and no fresh scat for elk, but found 2 piles from a bear down in a valley

Praying for rain to drop the level down, but that's probably not going to happen

Tons and tons of Douglass fir, some patchy sections of alders and birch

I hunt the west coastline for Roosevelt, bigger bodies, smaller rack though

I do it for the meat, by far not one to show off a huge rack

I'll see if I can post up a picture of my spring bear I harvested this year

The skull tallies at 20 1/2 inches

This puts him and I in the Boon an crocket awards book, as well in the Oregon book, I just don't know where ill rank at in Oregon yet

13. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

15. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast