Thanks Thanks:  226
Likes Likes:  460
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

OK, a co-worker was in the area, and I told her and her hubby to stop in. I gave them gate and cabin keys and asked them to take some pictures for me.

Really chomping at the bit to get over there.

Txer and meter base.

Txer.

Path of cable, some settling occurred.

They can pull in a new wire to my offer from here at the junction off spur road if needed.

It looks like they buggered up my fence; I will repair that too.

Clear out the ditch.

Warning marker, at the Apex between tx former and junction box

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Top Of Page | #82

What a nice place you have!

You have done a great job with everything.

3. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

Corkster, ( @Corkey ) clear your calendar by the end of April.

Will have open campsites, hey, this is usually early turkey season, we can hear grouse drumming too end of April.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsize View Post
    What a nice place you have!

You have done a great job with everything.
    Thanks, Kingsize; some say I should have called it "Money Well Wasted Ranch."

I love the place; I think of it as a playground for grown adults with loads of space.

I retire at the end of next year, the main reason for getting power brought in.

Then I can toss a bag of clothes into my Camry and head over.

There is no truck, enclosed trailer, and construction gear, but I like the building.

I have been contemplating a "lookout" cabin.

Imagine those 15X15 cabs with full walk-around porch and hip roof, but maybe elevated 10 feet off the ground.

I just ordered this model kit, and I like it.

Be fun.

I will paint it to match my structures, i.e., forest service brown and light green roofs.

6. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Thanks, Kingsize; some say I should have called it "Money Well Wasted Ranch."

I love the place; I think of it as a playground for grown adults with loads of space.

I retire at the end of next year, the main reason for getting power brought in.

Then I can toss a bag of clothes into my Camry and head over.

There is no truck, enclosed trailer, and construction gear, but I like the building.

I have been contemplating a "lookout" cabin.

Imagine those 15X15 cabs with full walk-around porch and hip roof, but maybe elevated 10 feet off the ground.

I just ordered this model kit, and I like it.

Be fun.

I will paint it to match my structures, i.e., forest service brown and light green roofs.[/URL]
    Looks similar to one of those old-school fire watch towers.

You don't see them very often anymore.

I might be able to make it out this go around.

I pulled a spring bear tag again this year, so most of my free time has been spent narrowing down where to set up.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

7. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

@Corkey is loading up the enclosed trailer.

He will fuel the truck next weekend and hook it up to the trailer.

I have two more weekends to load up tools; 3/4 of the gear needed is loaded up now.

I should be there around noon on Saturday.

A pal of mine is in his 02 RAM, and one more pal is in his 02 Tundra. He is bringing his JD with a backhoe.

It is a smaller tractor than mine.

I have no backhoe.

We may have to wait for him, we go over 3 passes, ie Tiger, Snoqualmie, Blewett.

Then, after Wenatchee, the easiest part of the drive lasted 100 miles.

One more pull is out of the valley to my place; we climb 3000 feet in 18 miles.

April 20th, 04:30, pull out of the driveway.

Text me if you can make it.

Myself (Rick), my pal Don, and Joe.

They are super nice guys, salt-of-the-earth types.

I'm the youngest guy at 63.5, Don is 70, and Joe is about the same.

8. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, CrazyTrain thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

@Corkey

The trailer is hooked up and loaded.

The final stuff will be packed this week and depart at 04:50 on Saturday.

You have my cell; feel free to drop by.

If we dont see you, plenty more trips there this year are planned.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

OK, I got back from another cabin trip and got lots done.

I hooked the cabin into power, ran a full 50A RV hookup to site 1, and ran inside the well enclosure to run a solar well (24V) with a transformer I bought.

Don't have to set solar panels up and can get water if there is no sun.

I punched in a new camphose site and ran a 30A RV hookup for him.

I have added a 10.0CF fridge to the cabin now that it is hooked to the power.

I also graveled my sort yard, where I stock gravel, RR ties, and my log deck.

Attached Images Attached Images

12. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

Very nice!

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

14. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

Intesting, was cold sat, sunday, monday and started to warm up a bit, then wednesday, we had rain. Both power trenches were about 2 feet deep. Had a buddy who brought his John Deere tractor over with a narrow 8" trenching bucket. Trench to site 1 at well enclosure was 175 feet, all 6AWH THHN wire, pulled in a fish tape just in case. And 75 feet to new camp host site, that is only a 30A RV plug.

On the way back, truck fogged inside, turned on defrost which runs the AC to clear up fog quickly, no luck, noticed wasnt that cool. Will look into it tomorrow. Its work flawless since new. Did my condenser take a rock? Aside from that, sure pulls nice with my new Banks Pedal Monster. I noticed huge power increase without a power increase. Set for sport #3.

site1trench.jpg

hostsitepower1.jpg

camp.jpg

site1trenching1.jpg

15. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey, Power247 liked this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast