Thanks Thanks:  226
Likes Likes:  460
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

I added another flavor of the cap for my Ranch, the Coyote Brown cap with the brand and slogan "Ride for the Brand," which I got from a Harriet Hagaman commercial; she is the representative who defeated turncoat Liz Cheney in Wyoming.

So the law enforcement green, we have used olive green also, the brown, and now the coyote brown.

The USFS-looking ones will be only on dark brown and green caps.

I am not discontinuing the USFS, the new one with the "brand" is "in addition to"

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

OK, the trailer is loaded and hooked to the truck for another cabin run.

Finish meter base up, prep for county PUD to hook up, tie in the cabin to wiring, install horseshoe pit, and hang out with family.

I am going to start taking measurements to find me a nice fridge with an icebox.

Bring that up next spring.

We head out early Friday; most of the family takes off and heads home Monday; I will remain the rest of the week.

Corkey, Omak Stampede weekend.

If you are in the area, stop in.

Lots of stampede action going on.

I stay away from town and hang out in the hills.

You know how to get there; stop in, give you a tour in my Kawasaki Mule.

Omak Stampede link

2023-Schedule-1216x1536.jpg

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Drive safe, brother.

I'll stay in touch with you.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

Well, just got back from my last trip there as an off grid cabin.

Next time I show up, I will be on the grid.

Met with the contractor plowing in the wire, Cummins guy all the way.

Plus the crew from the county PUD, what a nice bunch, 4 guys, all real salt of the earth type.

With everyone there, went well, hashed out all the details.

Just wait for cooler weather, less fire danger, probably within 2 weeks or so.

While I was there, trenched in my underground feeder wire from cabin to meter, just need to terminate both ends.

In the panel.

jackhammer.jpg
    electric TR300 electric jackhammer, I have a bit for every occasion, this was a life saver busting through packed road bed

trenchingin.jpg
    Dug and filled as I went along

shelter_rideforthebrand.jpg
    Added "RIDE FOR THE BRAND" sign along the back I made.

rftbsignage.jpg

signage1.jpg
    My youngest daughter been battling breast cancer for about 5 yrs now, she got me this and wanted the horseshoe pits, so I knew I had to get it installed. She saw the 40 foot distance between the pins (regulation) and tells me she cant throw that far anymore because of the cancer. She goes in for immunotherapy later this month, she is running out of options.
    I had to get these projects done for her.

horseshoerulesandscorecard.jpg
    Rules and scoreboard with magnetic markers

horseshoepit1.jpg
    Pit roughed in, will groom more next visit

riserinstall.jpg
    slip riser installed, the PUD liked my work, all signed off, easements done, just wait for cooler weather (fire danger). Did I mention what a wonderful bunch these PUD guys were? I can tell its a great place to work by their attitudes.

meterbasewithriser.jpg

packingup.jpg
    Day before, slowly packing up and locking the place down.

8. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

Glad the trip went great.

Question, where's my tree stand going .

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

I have one in the attic.

A good spot is on the fence line, a nice clear line of sight for aways.

My stand looks like this. It
    camee with a 15-foot ladder and added an extra 5-foot section.

But you know, since I bought this property in 2005, as soon as I started the cabin in 2007, I have never purchased a hunting license.

All my vacation time is spent playing and upgrading the property.

This stand looks like the one I got, except mine; it also has a nice poofy padded seat.

Attached Images Attached Images

11. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

I am adding a pilot rock BBQ grille next to the log shelter, but the concrete was still quite green, so I didn't secure it.

Ones you set it in, you insert this hardened wire, and rotate it, then it swivels but can no longer be removed from the post.

BBQgrille_parkstyle.jpg

Kept watermelon cold with the solar livestock well.

13. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

Oh, a buddy of mine was at some outdoor flea market deal and found a guy selling a full USNPS park ranger uniform, coat, pans, and felt cap with a leather band.

He got it, and it's on display.

I think it's a wool coat, so I might have to take precautions.

USNPS_ranger_uniform.jpg

I collect anything USFS, USNPS.

The Ranger station is a mini museum inside.

Other items like old traps, anything mining, pioneer, etc.

Uniform now on display

Here is my sister; I deputized her.

We spent a bro/sis week up there in May.

15. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

Well, should get the word power is going in any day. PUD has all the wire and my transformer on hand set aside for me. Just waiting for contractor who plows in the wire. He coordinates directly with the power company crew. He knows them all, went to school with most of them.

Anyway, the time frame they gave me led me to beleive it will be within a week as of this posting. Suppose it could be a bit later, but not much if it is.

When its hooked up, not sure if I will go back and trim out the ends to power up the cabin or wait till spring thaw when I go up in April. Its snowed in about Dec to March, you dont see the ground till around end of march. Gets about 3 feet deep. Cold can dip into sub zero quite a bit, but never seen more than about 15 below.

Anyway, just a post so you dont think I died or something, Been super busy around the house. Doing yard work ahead of the rainy season, some big landscape projects that have been putting hours on my Kubota. What a wonderful tool/purchase that was. With the loan of a pals 12 foot dumper trailer and my Kubota, got a months worth of work done in 2 days.

16. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob, BikePilot liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Well, should get the word power is going in any day. PUD has all the wire and my transformer on hand set aside for me. Just waiting for contractor who plows in the wire. He coordinates directly with the power company crew. He knows them all, went to school with most of them.

Anyway, the time frame they gave me led me to beleive it will be within a week as of this posting. Suppose it could be a bit later, but not much if it is.

When its hooked up, not sure if I will go back and trim out the ends to power up the cabin or wait till spring thaw when I go up in April. Its snowed in about Dec to March, you dont see the ground till around end of march. Gets about 3 feet deep. Cold can dip into sub zero quite a bit, but never seen more than about 15 below.

Anyway, just a post so you dont think I died or something, Been super busy around the house. Doing yard work ahead of the rainy season, some big landscape projects that have been putting hours on my Kubota. What a wonderful tool/purchase that was. With the loan of a pals 12 foot dumper trailer and my Kubota, got a months worth of work done in 2 days.
    Thanks for the update! Sounds like you been extremely busy!!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

18. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast