Thanks Thanks:  258
Likes Likes:  528
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

Yeah, Corkster just texted me, checking in because I have been missing.

Bless his heart.

So, I figured I'd better post something.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Well, still sucking wind, didnt get the covid vax, so I haven't died suddenly.

I spoke to the contractor bringing in power; he was going to wait for a storm coming in to pass, then move his gear in place.

The county PUD is waiting for him.

Well, I got dumped on with 6 inches of snow; it's warming up during the days, so hopefully, it will all melt off to get my power laid in place before the snow is permanent until spring thaw.

I want to have it all in place come spring when I get there to trim out the ends of my cabin and run power up my cabin.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Well, I think the contractor is stalling me.

I know my job is small, but it pays cash. Weather is closing in; soon, it will be cold and snowy.

I offered him an extra $1000 bonus if he did it before the end of Nov.

Weather over there is still doable.

If he doesn't make it, it looks like spring.

I don't need it now; I want it done by my spring run.

Big spring plans include powering up the cabin, running a full 50/30/20A panel to RV campsite #1, and extending a line to put an outlet into the well enclosure fence.

I was punching in a new campsite for my camp host, close to the ranger station and with a power outlet.

5. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

The $1000 bonus offer is good for two more days after today.

I got a call from the contractor; he plans to be up there on Wednesday.

So, he's probably moving his gear up today.

Once the ground freezes, it makes a big mess.

So anyway, I'm getting excited.

I'm doing a cash deal.

I dont need a sales slip.

He knows what I mean by that.

I will transfer cash to a local pal bank to give him money, including his bonus and $100 for my buddy's trouble, a 55-mile round trip to town.

Corkster, I might have to stop in during one of my next trips and show you around my massive 40-acre yard in my Kawasaki Mule.

6. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

I have been eyeing an SXS for the past month strongly.

40k is a large chunk to spit out for one.

I like the can-am limited defenders, just for the sake of hunting and my need for one.

It would be the 4-seater if I go that route.

But 40k can buy many truck parts, camp trailer, and quads for the family.

It's sad to realize that they made Yamaha Banshees last year, and they were forced to stop producing them because of the dreaded EPA crooks.

Nothing in the quad world screams America more than the good old Banshees.

My Cow Elk hunt starts this Friday, which is four months long.

Just let me know when, and I'll try to get out of your way.

Nights here are getting around 24 to 28°.

I recently chewed my block heater cord; defrosting takes some time now.

Surprised I have no bullet holes in my rig from going high idle at 330am.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

7. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

The power is in; it started at 7 AM and was done by noon.

I'm just grooming the private roads now.

Corkster, you dont need a BAJA style one, just a nice Polaris Ranger, more of the utility truck vs the high output RZR style stuff.

Heck, nice rigs, quiet; you get them in diesel too (Mule 4010 anyway) and spend 20K max or less.

I would get a roof and a windshield.

Oh, how about the Mahindra Roxor, its basically a brand new Willys Jeep from the 50's design, but a 4 cylinder diesel and a 5 spd manual.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

It's not a day too soon; there's lots of snow now, with 7" accumulation.

I have so many plans for my spring run.

Be collecting gear all winter.

I have a good-sized Kubota but cannot haul it (enclosed 7X16 instead of full of supplies, new fridge, conduit).

I have a buddy with a smaller JD tractor with a backhoe, and I will have enough projects to keep him busy for a week at 8 hours a day.

Corkster, I'll PM ya when it gets close if you want to visit and recon the area.

10. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

The cascades here so far have gotten 22" of snow so far.

Went on a good afternoon drive for elk, no luck, just 3 does.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

12. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

I am working on another design for the ranch.

What's your choice?

Poll is at work also, and my favorite is winning by a long shot.

They will be done on an embroidered patch for caps and work wear (Carhartt is the official work wear of the JJ Ranch).

Small barbed wire doesn't work well, so my guy made some larger stuff.

I won't reveal the most popular yet.

13. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

I like the larger barbed wire pic, but I also like the first pic lettering.

Could he combine the two?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast