Thanks Thanks:  204
Likes Likes:  423
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Definitively a west side of the cascades shot, bracken ferns, so must be stinging nettles close by too. You know about that fern and the cure for stinging nettles?

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

We have stinging nettle in Michigan. First experience with it was running through a field full with shorts on back in the '80s.
    Holly crap, stinging burning!!! I sat down on a trail and rubbed my legs with gravel, LOL. It did feel better.

2015 / RAM / 2500 CTD-68RFE-4wd / 3.42 / stock tire size / Silver / Bighorn

4. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by z28-50 View Post
    We have stinging nettle in Michigan. First experience with it was running through a field full with shorts on back in the '80s.
    Holly crap, stinging burning!!! I sat down on a trail and rubbed my legs with gravel, LOL. It did feel better.
    Anywhere you find nettles you will find that bracken fern, break off a stem of the fern, strip the leave off, run the stalk across the nettle bites, goes away within a minute. Natures cure and grows in same area as nettles.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, 5001craig thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Corkey, headed up in April near the end of the month.

I have planned for lots of projects, run fence line, make repairs, install brand new range/cooktop in kitchen, spray all gravel roads and campsites with boomsprayer (Kilzall) add security door on front entry door and then start designing secure metal window covers (6 windows)

But most importantly, I am headed over to also meet with the PUD engineer, we are bringing in buried power.

Wife has retired, I'm about 2.8 years from doing the same and will be spending more time there.

Cost will be about $25,000 he said.

I am only about 3 miles from USFS land, in the spring, we do have a spring bear season, this is also turkey season, see turkeys there all the time along with deer.

If you want to stop by (end of april) and visit, give you a nice tour of the spready, its huge, run ya around in my Kawasaki Mule.

My yard.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, 5001craig thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

I was unsuccessful on a spring bear hunt this year in Oregon.

Which means, my April/May timeframe opened up.

I just might shoot on up towards you with the girlfriend.

Never been turkey hunting. Always been wanting to try wild turkey, in non-liquid form that is.

Only thing I need to get done is, throwing out my game cameras for hopefully a successful elk season.

I did however pick up a Tikka T3x 7MM Rem Mag with a Leopold VX-5 scope with a custom Dial for the new Berger rounds I'll hunt with.

Greatly appreciate the offer and consideration.

I'll reach out to you when time gets a little closer!

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    I was unsuccessful on a spring bear hunt this year in Oregon.

Which means, my April/May timeframe opened up.

I just might shoot on up towards you with the girlfriend.

Never been turkey hunting. Always been wanting to try wild turkey, in non-liquid form that is.

Only thing I need to get done is, throwing out my game cameras for hopefully a successful elk season.

I did however pick up a Tikka T3x 7MM Rem Mag with a Leopold VX-5 scope with a custom Dial for the new Berger rounds I'll hunt with.

Greatly appreciate the offer and consideration.

I'll reach out to you when time gets a little closer!
    Sounds great, I'll get ya my cell phone number too. Because of my elevation, I have great service. Walk ya right in. I will get you the address too. I am there during turkey season (spring turkey) but I dont hunt, use all my time making improvements/playing. There is a grouse there too. I can hear them drumming in april. Hear turkeys early AM and throughout the day. Ok, be mindful of ticks too.

I used my Kubota to move dirt and level a pad for the log shelter and I had torn up the pine grass behind it, so tossed out a bunch of grass seed behind the log shelter and a buddy of mine used my cabin during deer season and took this picture. Turns out, turkeys like grass seed too.

Last August, the family was gathered under the log shelter having dinner, my little french bulldog was milling around sniffing and exploring and in comes a large gaggle of turkeys 30 feet from us. I told the wife to watch what Nugget does, and when he saw them, he perked up, went towards them, but didnt do much, they were bigger than he was. Was so cute. He was scared of the turkeys.

They are fast too.

Turkey is eating all my grass seed

38467.jpg

Ticks are there, especially in the spring.

habitat_warning.jpg

Warning, my guard dog is on duty.

frenchie_warning.jpg

Scary, aint he?

Nugg_beach1.png

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

OK, I was loading up for the spring maintenance run.

Installing new gas stove/range in the cabin (just wanted upgrade, especially with gas stove ban chatter coming from DC), installing security door over entry door, spraying all gravel for vegetation growth, running fence line, clearing blowdowns if any and repairing any breaks if any. And tightening up the wire fence as needed.

I will measure all windows for a better window cover.

I will build from metal and meet with the county public utility engineer to bring in power and check how it all holds up over the winter.

Oh, bringing this neat small brass brand made for burning into the wood, well, just about time for me to build a new wallet; I had a great idea.

12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Headed over to cabin tomorrow 0400, installing meter base, load center, call in L&I for inspection, then wait for power to be plowed in, over 1/4 mile.

The utility company signed off on the wire route, and we marked my property.

I cleared some trees for the dozer to plow it under and marked a barbed wire fence where they can cut it; I will splice it when it's done.

I also installed a new cooktop range and hung out with ham radio buddies.

This is a big weekend for ham radio operators; it's a field exercise known as Field Day; a quick DuckDuckGo search will give you an idea.

Anyway, my wife is retired, and I have a little over 2 yrs left, so getting power to the place will make it much more enjoyable and open up many more options.

Right now, it's all generator power and solar well.

I will wire up 3 or 4 campsites too.

The wire is spendy right now.

@Corkey stopover, be there till Monday AM, pull out to head home, so 4 days.

I will follow up with some pictures.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

The Meterbase combo load center was installed, and L&I was notified for inspection within a few days.

They called the power company contractor to plow in power.

I installed a new cooktop/oven too.

15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    The Meterbase combo load center was installed, and L&I was notified for inspection within a few days.

They called the power company contractor to plow in power.

I installed a new cooktop/oven too.

You have one nice setup for my kind of vacation.

I wish I could run up to you.

My grandma has needed my help moving for the past two weekends.

I know you got some critters taken care of.

For Oregon, 40 acres, you can get 2 LOP " landowner property " tags, meaning don't matter what season it is; you can shoot deer or elk if you have destruction on fields or crops.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast