Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  188
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Truck Won't Start - Batteries/Alternator Are Good

1. Top Of Page | #71

User Info Menu

Re: Truck Won't Start - Batteries/Alternator Are Good

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Well, good news very happy you have resolved the issues. Interesting case of what low battery voltage can do to these trucks. I think we all learned a little more information going through this process and will hopefully help someone else down the road.
    I agree, thank you all for the help and I am glad to have been able to pass some information back to the community for the future.

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #72

User Info Menu

On another side note

If you're wanting it still

Can you cancel the scanner to save you 475 bucks?

That was the price i came up with on amazon

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #73

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    All issues have been resolved, here are the steps I performed this morning:
    • Went to Interstate and replaced the second battery. He acknowledged that it's "better" to replace both at the same time but because the second one was testing "Not Bad", he wasn't able to Warranty replace it but he did offer me 45% off as a prorated replacement cost.
    • Drove the truck home, approx 15 miles. At this time, there was no change in error lights or speedometer.
    • Went to reflash the truck with the DRD program but for some reason, the MM3 tuner said there was an SD card error and recommended I reformat it
    • Copied all files off the SD, formatted it FAT32 and copied all files back on
    • Programmed the DRD tune to the truck successfully this time, currently no error light change
    • Went into the MM3 tuner and programmed the tire size from the current setting of 35 to "35" again. As soon as this program completed, the ABS light went away.
    • Checked for DTCs with the MM3 tuner, none present - drove the truck around the block and the speedometer also worked.

I'm guessing the ECM somehow lost the program and the SD card maybe was corrupt and needed to be reformatted?

Also a side note, when I went back this morning the Interstate guy said that even though the first battery tested "OK", it definitely had an internal short because it was scalding hot for several hours after it got removed from the truck he said.
    Awesome!

Glad you got it all resolved.

New batteries do wonders for our trucks. LOL

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

6. Likes Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678