Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  77
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hearing Engine Brake Sounds In The Cab

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Hearing Engine Brake Sounds In The Cab

Is there any chance something like this at a Home Depot/Lowes? I don't mind ordering something online but I have both of the above places nearby.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

Is it just an M12X1.0 bolt?

4. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Is it just an M12X1.0 bolt?

No, it has a bubble plus double flair that will seal to the seat inside the manifold. If you don’t want to order the correct plug you can leave the fitting in place and squeeze the tube closed and weld it closed.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    No, it has a bubble plus double flair that will seal to the seat inside the manifold. If you don’t want to order the correct plug you can leave the fitting in place and squeeze the tube closed and weld it closed.
    I did end up ordering it just for the sake of doing it. I prefer buying locally if I can, too many lost packages.

I'll try and pinch it together just for the time being but my engine brake isn't even working right now with the P0501 and U1412 codes. It did rain HEAVILY the other day, so wondering if maybe something got a bit too wet?

8. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

What the P0501 code means. P0501 is an OBD-II generic code that the engine control module (ECM) got an input from the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) that is out of range or an erratic voltage output that is not stable or smooth, with movement up or down.

The other code

Code: U1412Definition: IMPLAUSIBLE VEHICLE SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVEDDescription: The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) receives wheel speed and wheel distance CAN bus messages from the Anti-lock Brake (ABS) module.

Cause:
    • CAN C BUS OPEN OR SHORTED
    • NO POWER TO ANTI-LOCK BRAKE MODULE - MODULE UNPLUGGED OR OPEN FUSE
    • POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

This may help

U1412-IMPLAUSIBLE VEHICLE SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED

Theory of Operation
    The ABS Module sends vehicle speed information over the CAN C Bus circuit to the ECM.

When Monitored:
    Ignition on.

Set Condition:
    The ECM gets an implausible signal over the CAN C circuit from the ABS Module. The circuit is continuously monitored. One Trip fault.

Possible Causes
    CAN C BUS CIRCUIT SHORTED
    CAN C BUS CIRCUIT OPEN
    ABS MODULE
    ECM

Always perform the Pre-Diagnostic Troubleshooting procedure before proceeding. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Engine Control (ECM) - Standard Procedure).

1. ACTIVE DTC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Ignition on, engine not running.
    2. With a scan tool, read DTCs.

Is the U1412-IMPLAUSIBLE VEHICLE SPEED SIGNAL RECEIVED active at this time?

Yes

Go To 2

No

Perform the INTERMITTENT CONDITION diagnostic procedure. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Engine Control (ECM) - Standard Procedure).

2. U0001-NO COMMUNICATION ON THE CAN C BUS CIRCUIT IS ACTIVE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Continue reading DTCs.

Is the U0001-NO COMMUNICATION ON THE CAN C BUS CIRCUIT ACTIVE at this time?

Yes

(Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Totally Integrated Power (TIPM) - Diagnosis and Testing) for the U0001-NO COMMUNICATION ON THE CAN C BUS CIRCUIT diagnostic procedure.

No

Go To 3

3. ABS MODULE IS ACTIVE ON THE CAN C BUS

1. With the scan tool, select ECU View.
    2. Verify that the ABS Module active on the bus.

Is the ABS Module active on the bus?

Yes

Go To 4

No

For No Response diagnostic procedures, (Refer to 29 - Non-DTC Diagnostics/Communication - Diagnosis and Testing) .
    Perform the BODY VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Totally Integrated Power (TIPM) - Standard Procedure).

4. ACTIVE DTCS IN THE FCM (TIPM)

1. With the scan tool, select ECU View and select FCM (TIPM).
    2. With the scan tool, read active DTCs.

Is the U0001-NO COMMUNICATION ON THE CAN C BUS CIRCUIT ACTIVE in the FCM at this time?

Yes

Replace the ABS Module per Service Information.
    Perform the ABS VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Antilock Brake (ABS) - Standard Procedure).

No

Replace and program the Powertrain Control Module per Service Information.
    Perform the POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST. (Refer to 28 - DTC-Based Diagnostics/MODULE, Engine Control (ECM) - Standard Procedure).

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

12. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    I did end up ordering it just for the sake of doing it. I prefer buying locally if I can, too many lost packages.

I'll try and pinch it together just for the time being but my engine brake isn't even working right now with the P0501 and U1412 codes. It did rain HEAVILY the other day, so wondering if maybe something got a bit too wet?

The correct plug will seal to the seat inside the manifold and the threads provide holding power and additional sealing. If you run a bolt in the hole the only thing sealing is the threads and you can damage the seat. See your other thread for the trouble codes you requested.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...Are-Good/page3

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123