Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Technique For Removing Tailpipe Without Cutting Or Lifting Truck

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Technique For Removing Tailpipe Without Cutting Or Lifting Truck

I did some weight loss on my truck this evening and found a good way of removing the tailpipe if you should ever need to do so without lifting the truck off the ground.

Dropping the spare tire and unbolting the heat shield on the passenger side (2 bolts) worked really well.

I just "bent" the heat shield a little bit and this gave me enough room to slide the tailpipe out the back of the truck.

The other option I considered was sliding it out the front by removing the driveshaft, but that's a pain.

With my truck (short bed, crew cab) I was physically unable to remove the tailpipe without either lifting the truck (to gain more wiggle room), cutting the pipe, or dropping the spare tire.

I did not have enough room to simply slide it out with the truck on the ground.

Posting to maybe help the next guy.

Keegan

2017 RAM 2500 CTD Blue Streak CCSB | 2.5" Leveling Springs, Toyo AT/III 295/70/R18, DRD MM3

2. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Technique For Removing Tailpipe Without Cutting Or Lifting Truck

Quote Originally Posted by kgharrin View Post
    I did some weight loss on my truck this evening and found a good way of removing the tailpipe if you should ever need to do so without lifting the truck off the ground.

Dropping the spare tire and unbolting the heat shield on the passenger side (2 bolts) worked really well.

I just "bent" the heat shield a little bit and this gave me enough room to slide the tailpipe out the back of the truck.

The other option I considered was sliding it out the front by removing the driveshaft, but that's a pain.

With my truck (short bed, crew cab) I was physically unable to remove the tailpipe without either lifting the truck (to gain more wiggle room), cutting the pipe, or dropping the spare tire.

I did not have enough room to simply slide it out with the truck on the ground.

Posting to maybe help the next guy.

Keegan
    Thanks for the info, Keegan.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post