Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 RAM 2500 Stereo Tuner Upgrade Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2010 RAM 2500 Stereo Tuner Upgrade Questions

OK, have stock stereo, works great, has sat (not using) CD and AM FM and a clock.
    My daily commuter is a 2016 Camry and I certainly like the hands free blue tooth. So would like to do that for my truck. I realize getting a CD player is super speedy, I'm fine with using a thumb drive and putting my music on it etc, so means face needs a USB port and maybe a small SD card slot. Mic in radio, but be fine with adding one to my A pillar

I want something that can fit into factory slot, double din, no hacking. I dont mind a fitment kit for the narrower radio face. Im looking at a Pioneer stereo. I also see a device for replacing the stock radio. Also, I dont want to add an amplifier, would like the amp in the radio, my speakers are stock, I'm 62 yrs old and dont need to thump and rattle my windows. Back up camera is a must, I use "hitching rods" now to hook up my trailers, but camera would make this a breeze. I also dont want to hack my factory plug off, want a plug in pigtail.

My truck is an SLT, not a strip down, but not loaded either. Am I doing this right? Here is what I have rounded up.
    I suspect I may have to add the inputs elsewhere or a different radio with input jacks in face?

Other suggestions or pictures of your install, am I even doing this right? I find plenty of units that dont even have a radio tuner anymore. Crazy, times are changing I guess.

Then the install kit:

Then this item which I didnt know anything about, but do know when I take my scanner and do a full scan, it does show radio, I dont need codes in the system.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2010 RAM 2500 Stereo Tuner Upgrade Questions

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, have stock stereo, works great, has sat (not using) CD and AM FM and a clock.
    My daily commuter is a 2016 Camry and I certainly like the hands free blue tooth. So would like to do that for my truck. I realize getting a CD player is super speedy, I'm fine with using a thumb drive and putting my music on it etc, so means face needs a USB port and maybe a small SD card slot. Mic in radio, but be fine with adding one to my A pillar

I want something that can fit into factory slot, double din, no hacking. I dont mind a fitment kit for the narrower radio face. Im looking at a Pioneer stereo. I also see a device for replacing the stock radio. Also, I dont want to add an amplifier, would like the amp in the radio, my speakers are stock, I'm 62 yrs old and dont need to thump and rattle my windows. Back up camera is a must, I use "hitching rods" now to hook up my trailers, but camera would make this a breeze. I also dont want to hack my factory plug off, want a plug in pigtail.

My truck is an SLT, not a strip down, but not loaded either. Am I doing this right? Here is what I have rounded up.
    I suspect I may have to add the inputs elsewhere or a different radio with input jacks in face?

Other suggestions or pictures of your install, am I even doing this right? I find plenty of units that dont even have a radio tuner anymore. Crazy, times are changing I guess.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1000_.jpg

Then the install kit:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...GVm5L._AC_.jpg

Then this item which I didnt know anything about, but do know when I take my scanner and do a full scan, it does show radio, I dont need codes in the system.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1200_.jpg
    Not sure if you have already purchased the items above, but Infotainment has some good plug and play systems you may be interested in.

See video in link below.

I believe one of our vendors @DDP also has plug and play radio options available.

https://www.infotainment.com/product...rer-730n-radio

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Not sure if you have already purchased the items above, but Infotainment has some good plug and play systems you may be interested in.

See video in link below.

I believe one of our vendors @DDP also has plug and play radio options available.

https://www.infotainment.com/product...rer-730n-radio
    I have not purchased anything yet, still in research mode.

Plug-N-Play is exactly what I am after. Thanks. Headed to the link now.

AK Bob, got the ball rolling. This was perfect. I think I have the uconnect stuff, maybe just the u connect is all I need, but the upgraded radio would be nice too. But do I still have to add uconnect with upgrade radio? I left them a message. Ball is rolling. If upgrade has uconnect in it, sold, otherwise, may just do the uconnect to mine.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1000_.jpg

Then the install kit:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...GVm5L._AC_.jpg

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/...AC_SL1200_.jpg
    I replaced the radio in my 2012 several years ago. I went with a Kenwood CD player radio and had to cut a brace in the dash to make it fit. I believe the newer non-CD player models are shallow enough that you don't have to cut the brace. The list that DDP was selling is a good unit with a lot of positive reviews.

While you're researching , check out Crutchfield.com. They have a robust fitment guide and also recommend interface modules so you keep things like steering wheel controls.

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI
    2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Greg

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    I replaced the radio in my 2012 several years ago. I went with a Kenwood CD player radio and had to cut a brace in the dash to make it fit. I believe the newer non-CD player models are shallow enough that you don't have to cut the brace. The list that DDP was selling is a good unit with a lot of positive reviews.

While you're researching , check out Crutchfield.com. They have a robust fitment guide and also recommend interface modules so you keep things like steering wheel controls.

Greg

You talking brace, that wouldnt be the big pipe back behind radio, would it? That keeps cab from collapsing from a side impact? Or maybe a smaller bracket?

I like the OE. I am a dealer tech and would rather get OE if its doable. I have left a message with infotainment folks. I like the nave screen too plus uconenct if its not part of it would put me at 1500 snaps.

10. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

We sell the linkswell unit as well as all of the infotainment units as well. Feel free to shoot me a message always happy to help!

Thanks for the tag and mention!

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

12. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    We sell the linkswell unit as well as all of the infotainment units as well. Feel free to shoot me a message always happy to help!

Thanks for the tag and mention!
    OK, I do want the Mopar U connect module/kit for sure, my radio is compatible with it. Its the RES sales code unit, has the phone and speak button. What is this "linkswell" unit?
    Tried clicking your link, I think works firewall is blocking me.

14. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

@DDP please see post above.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Likes Corkey liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

OK, I do want the Mopar U connect module/kit for sure, my radio is compatible with it. Its the RES sales code unit, has the phone and speak button. What is this "linkswell" unit?
    Tried clicking your link, I think works firewall is blocking me.
    Try this link, works on my end.

https://ddpmotorsports.com/b-159562?q=Linkswe

18. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

You talking brace, that wouldnt be the big pipe back behind radio, would it? That keeps cab from collapsing from a side impact? Or maybe a smaller bracket?

I like the OE. I am a dealer tech and would rather get OE if its doable. I have left a message with infotainment folks. I like the nave screen too plus uconenct if its not part of it would put me at 1500 snaps.
    Haha, no not the crash bar.

Greg

Greg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast