Thanks Thanks:  17
Likes Likes:  53
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 RAM 2500 Stereo Tuner Upgrade Questions

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2010 RAM 2500 Stereo Tuner Upgrade Questions

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Not sure if you have already purchased the items above, but Infotainment has some good plug and play systems you may be interested in.

See video in link below.

I believe one of our vendors @DDP also has plug and play radio options available.

https://www.infotainment.com/product...rer-730n-radio

OK AK Bob, did order the factory U Connect kit for my truck, but no OBD Genie to upgrade my TIPM module, so they sent it, not working. It gets a code not seeing VIN. Plugged my scan tool in, its seeing my VIN, I have a gateway code showing a new device on the network, ie U1477 code, so its seeing it, just needs to be told what it is, ie update with the sales code HFM for hands free module.

I think they sent me a genie for the post TIPM unit, so they are sending another.

OK, new programmer should be here next week. so its all installed and back together, just plug in unit and be done.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update, bud

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK AK Bob, did order the factory U Connect kit for my truck, but no OBD Genie to upgrade my TIPM module, so they sent it, not working. It gets a code not seeing VIN. Plugged my scan tool in, its seeing my VIN, I have a gateway code showing a new device on the network, ie U1477 code, so its seeing it, just needs to be told what it is, ie update with the sales code HFM for hands free module.

I think they sent me a genie for the post TIPM unit, so they are sending another.

OK, new programmer should be here next week. so its all installed and back together, just plug in unit and be done.
    Sounds like you have a good handle on the situation.

The correct Genie should take care of the issue and get your U Connect working.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

It sounds like you have a good handle on the situation.

The correct Genie should take care of the issue and get your U Connect working.
    Yes, but I ran into a snag.

Unconnect module all installed, dash closed up, but OBD Genie isn't cutting it, unable to load my software update.

Not sure why; it's not reading my VIN (9 red blinks), so they sent me another, and no go, same deal.

My scan tool sees the VIN just fine.

So it looks like I am going to have to go to the dealer and have them upload the sales codes, I might as well have them do the XHC for my added factory brake controller when they are adding in the HFM (hands-free module) I have scanned my truck, and it is seeing the new component on the COMM BUS.

I'll have them fetch my key code and the PIN for making new keys.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Yes, but I ran into a snag.

Unconnect module all installed, dash closed up, but OBD Genie isn't cutting it, unable to load my software update.

Not sure why; it's not reading my VIN (9 red blinks), so they sent me another, and no go, same deal.

My scan tool sees the VIN just fine.

So it looks like I am going to have to go to the dealer and have them upload the sales codes, I might as well have them do the XHC for my added factory brake controller when they are adding in the HFM (hands-free module) I have scanned my truck, and it is seeing the new component on the COMM BUS.

I'll have them fetch my key code and the PIN for making new keys
    Sorry to hear this; good idea to take care of the brake controller and get your PIN.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear this; good idea to take care of the brake controller and get your PIN.
    OK, a follow-up to this post.

I got the infotainment uconnect module and wire harness and installed the uconnect module, but I was unable to get it programmed into the body computer.

So just left it at that.

A total scan would show the network seeing the system, but that was it.

AlfaOBD; this was done several months ago, but just saw this post.

I went in and just turned the uconnect unit on; done; it works great.

The company refunded me $129 for the OBD Genie that didn't work and even sent me another.

So just following up with the fix.

This was done in the RF HUB section, not the body section.

10. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

OK, a follow-up to this post.

I got the infotainment uconnect module and wire harness and installed the uconnect module, but I was unable to get it programmed into the body computer.

So just left it at that.

A total scan would show the network seeing the system, but that was it.

AlfaOBD; this was done several months ago, but just saw this post.

I went in and just turned the uconnect unit on; done; it works great.

The company refunded me $129 for the OBD Genie that didn't work and even sent me another.

So just following up with the fix.

This was done in the RF HUB section, not the body section.
    Good to hear; AlfaOBD saves the day once again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12