Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: High EGT With Compound Turbos

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

High EGT With Compound Turbos

I put a used set of BD compounds on my truck, and the EGT seems to be way too hot.

I believe they are towing twins; the truck has a fast lift pump, undetermined injector size(numbers on bodies look factory), and 4.10 gearing with 35" tires.

I leaked to the exhaust outlet and hot pipe V band for the top turbo I could not get to seal, I wrapped the V band in foil, and that seemed to take care of it; I cannot see smoke pouring out from under the hood any more when stepping on it.

I attached a photo of the EGT temp and boost number cruising along with just enough pedal to keep the truck at 60mph.

Any thoughts on what to look for before I pull this stuff off and put my old setup back on?

Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 6.7 (diet version) MM3, 6" lift, 22x14 with 37x13.50

2001 5.9 24v
    -4" exhaust
    -studded
    -Quadzilla Adrenaline

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I see 8lbs of boost roughly.

Could you check if you may have a boost leak that'll work the motor more than it should?

I'm also thinking if it could be related to undersized injectors not spooling the twins efficiently.

Others will chime in.

I've had a very long day.

Truck drives, sounds, ok?

Other than your stated concerns?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks Bs702, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Bs702, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I may throw a cap over the turbo intake and pressurize it to see if there is a boost leak; the truck runs and sounds great to me; it says smoother now since I put everything back together and lashed the valves and had more rattle/clatter in the idle before.

2010 6.7 (diet version) MM3, 6" lift, 22x14 with 37x13.50

2001 5.9 24v
    -4" exhaust
    -studded
    -Quadzilla Adrenaline

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post