Thanks Thanks:  36
Likes Likes:  126
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The EPA Fines Diesel Exhaust Company FLO~PRO $1.6 Million For Defeat Devices

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Thumbs up The EPA Fines Diesel Exhaust Company FLO~PRO $1.6 Million For Defeat Devices

Read this crap!

The EPA is a wicked, greedy people trying to take our freedoms away!!

We need to stand up and fight back, and we will continue to block, lockdown, and stand up for our freedom of speech here against a wicked company!!!

God bless,
    igotacummins

Article Credit At Bottom:

FLO~PRO Performance Exhaust and its distributor Thunder Diesel & Performance are facing fines of $1.6 million in relation to a 2018 EPA investigation into the companies’ alleged violation of the Clean Air Act. According to the agency, the hefty fine is the result of FLO~PRO selling around 100,000 diesel emissions defeat devices annually in the United States.

The large $1.6 million penalty facing Alberta-based FLO~PRO is actually a reduced settlement from the EPA’s initial request, as the company was found financially incapable of paying more. Despite FLO~PRO’s partner Thunder Diesel & Performance being cited in the lawsuit, the Arkansas-based distributor has already shuttered its doors and no longer provides any vehicle-related services. Regardless, the pair is responsible for paying the $1.6 million fine, as well as ending any customer support or warranty contracts related to the illegal diesel emissions defeat devices.

This isn’t the first time we’ve seen diesel tuners face this sort of pressure from the EPA. Back in March of 2021, EZ Lynk was sued by the agency for the manufacturing of these parts, and later refused to cooperate with the investigation. Earlier this summer, Spartan Diesel Technologies was fined $1.3 million for selling just 14,000 of these emissions defeat devices. The founder of the company was also sentenced to a year and a day in prison.

Diesel Tuner Faces Year in Prison for Defying EPA “The exhaust from diesel pickup trucks equipped to operate without essential emissions controls causes severe harm to our nation’s air quality,” said Acting Assistant Administrator Larry Starfield for EPA’s Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance. “This action will stop the manufacture and sale of these illegal products, preventing additional excess pollution caused by aftermarket defeat devices and keeping the air we breathe clean.”

Diesel tuners aren’t the only ones starting to feel some pressure from the government as it relates to their trucks. Just last month, Road & Track reported that the New Jersey DEP is using used car marketplaces to search for non-compliant vehicles. This practice has been utilized to issue massive tickets related to emissions compliance, of which the only options are to comply or scrap the vehicle entirely. That’s all to say that this sort of enforcement isn’t going to slow down anytime soon. If you happen to own a modified diesel, be sure to check with your local regulations related to emissions. You don’t want to be the next one writing a check.

via The Drive

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: The EPA Fines Diesel Exhaust Company FLO~PRO $1.6 Million For Defeat Devices

This is such BS!

EPA leftist’s making tax-paying private citizens pay a fine for a spark plug delete on their own personal vehicles!!

Such a money making scam these government agencies are!

They didn’t purchase my truck and make the payments, I did and I’ll do to it whatever I dang well please!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: The EPA Fines Diesel Exhaust Company FLO~PRO $1.6 Million For Defeat Devices

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    This is such BS!

EPA leftist’s making tax-paying private citizens pay a fine for a spark plug delete on their own personal vehicles!!

Such a money making scam these government agencies are!

They didn’t purchase my truck and make the payments, I did and I’ll do to it whatever I dang well please!

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4
    That is the key!

They don't make the payments so don't tell us what to do with them!!

AMEN!

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

If they stopped selling exhaust in the US after the EPA outlawed for off-road use, how In the crap are they being fined?

They're just throwing darts at a wall trying to make an example, trying to get a message out I'm not listening to!!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I bet the offer them a plea of just tell me all the people you sold them to.

It’s always control, and it never works in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #6

The days of having a car/truck hobby are fading fast.

I honestly don't know if the community can even survive the next election; these agencies' power grab is off the charts.

Pretty bad when I fear my government more than Russia and China at this point, LOL

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    The days of having a car/truck hobby are fading fast.

I honestly don't know if the community can even survive the next election; these agencies' power grab is off the charts.

Pretty bad when I fear my government more than Russia and China at this point, LOL
    Amen to that with one difference, I am pissed off at my government.

Many more need to be so that government fears ”we the people.”

I am so over all the b.s. climate this, climate that.

When co2 was reclassified as a “pollutant” you just knew the crazies were in charge.

All the 3 letter agencies can kiss my _ _ _!

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

12. Top Of Page | #8

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    Amen to that with one difference, I am pissed off at my government.

Many more need to be so that government fears ”we the people.”

I am so over all the b.s. climate this, climate that.

When co2 was reclassified as a “pollutant” you just knew the crazies were in charge.

All the 3 letter agencies can kiss my _ _ _!
    I know right this country says climate this and that meanwhile look at all the other countries like India, China, etc they could all care less.

Don't worry we will all have clean air soon if Russia keeps bombing this nuclear plant in Ukraine LOL.

Sorry if I made anyone mad by getting off-topic I couldn't help myself.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Just a minute, let’s get this straight.

First I have to pay for all the emissions stuff I don’t want.

Then I can go to jail if I remove it, so I have to pay to maintain it.

Then I must pay taxes to fund enforcement.

Meanwhile, I get stuck behind a City bus, billowing soot, and black smoke at me every time they pick up passengers.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Not to pick a scab here, but do you realize that all government and military vehicles are exempt from emission laws and equipment?

Rules for thee, not for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast