Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  91
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Fuel Filter Adapter Kit

1. Top Of Page | #1

Cat Fuel Filter Adapter Kit

Are any sponsors here selling the cat front fuel filter adapter kits?

Looking to purchase one and thought I'd check here first.

I am the upper end of lower class.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cat Fuel Filter Adapter Kit

@DDP

Do you guys carry these?

71Silverbullet

If funds are not a big issue.

I highly recommend a FASS system.

I don't have any experience with Cat filters personally.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by corkey View Post
    @DDP

Do you guys carry these?

71Silverbullet

If funds are not a big issue.

I highly recommend a FASS system.

I don't have any experience with Cat filters personally.
    I don't have any mods that require the higher pressure pump.

The cat system uses a readily available 2-micron spin-on filter and is a 2-beer install compared to an all-day install on the FASS.

Then there is the $600 price difference.

Nothing against the FASS or any other lift system; I think they would be overkill for my needs. (I may be wrong about this?)

I'm looking for better filtration and the stock plastic filter housing elimination.

Thanks for the suggestion.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I don’t know if they are on here or not, but many are on Google search.

BMP is one (Black Market Performance).

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Deleted due to I'm a Bone Head!

2017 Bighorn (Delmonico Red & Chrome) CC-HD2500-4WD-6.7L-3:42w/Anti-Spin
    Oil: -SHELL- Rotella T6 5W-40 & T5 15W-40 combo w/LF16035
    68RFE/BW44-46/Power Steering: -Red Line- C+ ATF
    Frontend & Rearend: -Red Line- SAE GL-5 75W-90NS
    Many Small Mods: Interior & Exterior
    Mileage: 28,541

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 71Silverbullet View Post
    I don't have any mods that require the higher pressure pump.

The cat system uses a readily available 2-micron spin-on filter and is a 2-beer install compared to an all-day install on the FASS.

Then there is the $600 price difference.

Nothing against the FASS or any other lift system; I think they would be overkill for my needs. (I may be wrong about this?)

I'm looking for better filtration and the stock plastic filter housing elimination.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    If you decide to install the kit from “Diesel Fuel Filter Kits,” you may want to consider replacing the filter head with this kit.

See the link below.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...And-Oil/page10

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

The reason I say FASS or Air dog.

Just because you're not seeking more power doesn't mean it's a waste of money.

You will get cleaner filtration through your CP3, fuel lines/rail, injectors, and return line to the tank.

It also dramatically increases or de-aerates your whole system, giving you longevity from your fuel components.

It gives you pure fuel to the injectors with almost no air, which increases power/milage

I'll even say more readily accessible for maintenance and filters being readily accessible as well.

From a price standpoint, I completely get where you're coming from.

Plus, when not if.

You're seeking power; you have that part done and installed.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

Well after the replies here and reading this: https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...814#post230814

I guess I'll keep using the factory filter for now.

Hell, I don't know, LOL.

I fill my tank from a transfer tank I have on the farm.

That's both good and bad, I guess.

I keep my tank clean and use a good filter on the tank, but the huge temp/humidity swings here in the Midwest cause a moisture issue.

Nothing I can't deal with.

I will keep using the Mopar filter now and watch for a sale on one of the recommended filter systems.

My 2010 only has one filter on it, so I would like to have a little better filter for peace of mind.

16. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well after the replies here and reading this: https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...814#post230814

I guess I'll keep using the factory filter for now.

Hell, I don't know, LOL.

I fill my tank from a transfer tank I have on the farm.

That's both good and bad, I guess.

I keep my tank clean and use a good filter on the tank, but the huge temp/humidity swings here in the Midwest cause a moisture issue.

Nothing I can't deal with.

I will keep using the Mopar filter now and watch for a sale on one of the recommended filter systems.

My 2010 only has one filter on it, so I would like to have a little better filter for peace of mind.
    Agree; you would certainly benefit from adding the additional filter.

Please don't let my "changing the head" comment dissuade you, as there are other options.

The "Diesel Fuel Filter Kit" is a good value; you can use the included CAT filter by applying a little anti-seize on the threads.

Then on the next filter change, you could switch to the Fleet Guard FF5814, which has steel threads.

See the Spec sheet attached.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Agree; you would certainly benefit from adding the additional filter.

Please don't let my "changing the head" comment dissuade you, as there are other options.

The "Diesel Fuel Filter Kit" is a good value; you can use the included CAT filter by applying a little anti-seize on the threads.

Then on the next filter change, you could switch to the Fleet Guard FF5814, which has steel threads.

See the Spec sheet attached.
    I did purchase the 2 beer version, and I don't have the factory rear filter, just the canister one on the block, which is where my water-in-fuel sensor is located.

OK, I have not added my cat filter yet, but I would assume install it in the back area, then just remove my filter element in the front?

My concern is the load on the factory lift pump pushing through 2 filters, adding in the 2-micron cat unit.

For those with the later units that have the spin-on factory filter with water separator in the back (already 2 filters), there is a delete filter kit for the cartridge unit on the block, and I know the water in the fuel sensor screws in the bottom of the factory rear spin on.

So, I have not installed mine, but it appears it will be a 30-minute job if I take my time.

I got it from these guys, I got the single kit for the 2010.

This kit, but they have the 2 filters set up too.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

20. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast