Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  91
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cat Fuel Filter Adapter Kit

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Cat Fuel Filter Adapter Kit

Thank you for your feedback.

I am not trying to persuade you to go from X to Y.

For the humidity in your general area, an aftermarket lift pump would help you remove the accumulation of water.

As well as its right on the frame on the driver side which takes 15 seconds to replace both water\diesel filters.

The downfall is just having to drop the tank, but simple work for the procedure.

@toyota_mdt_tech

Interesting thought; I didn't think about what you brought up.

A rig with a single OE filter converting it to 2, I don't have numbers on what a stock lift pump can efficiently push through with providing the A\D amount of fuel to the CP3

All I did for my FASS was, drop tank, drill hole bigger few extras, unplug OE power to filter, and that's it.

I did snip my dang water separator light wire on the bottom of the OE filter.

That light won't go away now.

Last edited by Corkey; 07-31-2022 at 11:12 PM. Reason: I'm blonde
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Just curious, does your “2 Beer” version also have aluminum threads on the head?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

I think this would suit my needs.

I'll call them today and find out what material they are made from.

I am the upper end of lower class.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Just curious, does your “2 Beer” version also have aluminum threads on the head?
    I will take a peek and see if my two beers have the AL threads or not.

You mentioned a while back a screw in conversion one for metal.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    I will take a peek and see if my two beers have the AL threads or not.

You mentioned a while back a screw in conversion one for metal.
    You can certainly purchase a steel male threaded insert, then blind drill and tap the original head.

I chose to replace the head with the one from Western Diesel.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Western Diesel is a premier piece.

Only one I have seen with the different steel inserts.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    Western Diesel is a premier piece.

Only one I have seen with the different steel inserts.
    Agree it’s a quality product with SS removable inserts and gives you a couple of 1/8” NPT test ports should you ever need them to monitor lift pump pressure.

https://westerndieselaz.com/universa...-12-1-14-1-16/

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I have yet to install that 2 beers kit, in fact, may not ever install it.

My concern was adding a second very low micron filter could create issue on stock lift pump.

I have the single canister on the engine block.

But good news, I found a genuine Mopar filter called "Nano Net"

Same size as my OE canster, direct replacemet.

The Mopar NanoNet for '10-'23, 6.7L Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel trucks is a two-stage fuel filter designed to trap smaller particles than other aftermarket fuel filters by using a proprietary filter medium.

It has a 5 micron outer filter with a 3 micron inner filter.

Nanonet part number is: 68157291AA

Fleetguard also makes their nanonet to replace this filter, their number is: FS53000

Now if you want the OE Mopar severe duty fuel filter, this was a dealer add on item or special order.

For 39.95 for the filter from Genos you are also getting a free mounting base, fuel heater and water in fuel sensor.

This is such a value, I am going to order one, even if I dont use it.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Different truck, but I did add a filter kit (CAT 2 micron) on my '06 5.9, and it didn't seem to cause any issues in conjunction with the factory filter.

Fleece sells a kit for deleting the OEM filter housing too, which is easy to install and not much $.

15. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I was all ready to add the Cat kit (already purchased it) and found a 3 micron OE Mopar filter element that fits on the front (number in my above post).

Now if I can add a more "coarse" filter or primary filter, I will have fuel filtering covered. I change my only filter (engine block if you dont count fuel pump sock) at the 10K intervals, specs shows 15K, its always pretty black when I do it at the 10K mark.

Now I have a buddy with a 2015, he has the same filter on engine block, but has one in the rear too, ie a primary and his secondary filter still looks real clean at the 15K mark.

17. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189, CrazyTrain liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12