Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Replaced My Batteries - My Tuning Seems To Have Changed?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Replaced My Batteries - My Tuning Seems To Have Changed?

I replaced my batteries and my tuning seems to have changed.

It always reverts to the 120 HP tune and does not seem to be running like it was with my custom tunes.

I don't want to reinstall my tunes if I can avoid it.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Replaced My Batteries - My Tuning Seems To Have Changed?

Update = I called support for RaceME Ultra.

Low voltage conditions can mess up the ECM (in my case, I had dead batteries for some time).

I installed one new battery ( which you don't want to; I got lazy and waited before I installed the second battery).

Installed the second new battery and charged up the other new battery.

The truck was not running the same.

It would default to the 120HP setting.

I loaded up my camper and went on a fishing trip.

Coming back from the trip, I went up a hill, and my truck was running poorly, lacking power.

This confirmed I had an issue that had to be dealt with and was not going away after running the truck for a while.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,
    Smittybilt M1 bumper, turbo back exhaust, ARP HEAD STUDS, BD Diesel ProTect68 68RFE Gasket Plate Kit and BD deep trans pan, SCREAMER HE300VG Turbo, BD Diesel Exhaust Manifold, Monster-Ram® Intake System 3.5-inch, Banks Air filter, BD Grid heater delete, RaceMe Ultra, tunes supplied by DRD.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Remedy = From RaceME Ultra support Canada.

1) Disconnect the OBD plugin.

2) Disconnect both negative batteries for 30 min.

3) Reconnect batteries.

4) Plug in OBD and reinstall (don't reinstall stock tunes); just reinstall custom or box tunes, whatever you had installed.

You will not have to relearn the transmission (I would not run it hard just to be safe).

Last edited by Roberto Fisherman; 07-22-2022 at 02:23 PM. Reason: Delete this post, I don't know how to delete was added to the prior post
    2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

6. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Update: I noticed a clunk while downshifting from 5th to 4th.

I was using the exhaust brake, which you are not supposed to do while relearning the trans.

Now it hardly clunks, and it happens 4th into 3rd ( just a tiny clunk).

I almost finished the relearn and am curious to see the results when I use the exhaust brake again.

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

**You will have to re-learn the trans after all.**

2016 Dodge Ram 3500,

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post