Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  21

Thread: RT Tunes Questions

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

RT Tunes Questions

I typically never sort through RT tunes, but I did this weekend.

I keep getting this on each load for 12v back to normal mode.

I've unplugged and have done all that's suggested in previous threads.

Just curious if someone has had the same error and could help before I reach out to Dirk.

It does go into the modes, but I'm slightly curious if it's not getting the full function as it should with the error.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: RT Tunes Questions

I have never seen this code before.

Please keep us posted on what Dirk has to say about it.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Spoke with Dirk about my error issue.

When installing the MM3, I did not have the charger hooked up.

All I did was, use the charger "which i had 12.1V" and re-uploaded the custom tunes.

I could be smoking some crack, but it feels like it had made a hell of a difference with the motor.

The error 18200 generally means the tuner is losing communication with the truck.

Re-uploading the file with proper voltage made a true night and day difference.

Click whatever RT, and it loads with no issues.

Another issue I also had was, occasionally, starting the truck, the monitor would not load any active PID'S.

My fix would be. Pull off the road, turn the truck off, disconnect the OBD2 cable for 2-5 seconds, and reconnect.

If you have this issue, you'll have somewhere to start with.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

6. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    I typically never sort through RT tunes, but I did this weekend.

I keep getting this on each load for 12v back to normal mode.

I've unplugged and have done all that's suggested in previous threads.

Just curious if someone has had the same error and could help before I reach out to Dirk.

It goes into the modes, but I'm slightly curious if it's not getting the full function with the error.
    Could you help me understand RT tunes and how they differ from switch tunes?

I had this same code pop up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner6.7 View Post
    Could you help me understand RT tunes and how they differ from switch tunes?

I had this same code pop up.

The RT "Real Time" tunes are your sound tunes.

On the DRD videos, he suggests before switching sound tunes, brings your power level down to 0, which is RT Enable.

Once you've clicked 0, you'll go back to whichever sound tune you desire and apply it, give a few seconds until it brings you back to your normal screen.

At that point, you can choose any power tune you want.

Not entirely true what the precautionary measure is for, but if the doc recommends it, do it.

If you don't set it to 0 on the power, it can cause a corrupt load for that tune.

Of course, the switch tab is for the available power levels you have purchased.

10. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    The RT "Real Time" tunes are your sound tunes.

On the DRD videos, he suggests before switching sound tunes, brings your power level down to 0, which is RT Enable.

Once you've clicked 0, you'll go back to whichever sound tune you desire and apply it, give a few seconds until it brings you back to your normal screen.

At that point, you can choose any power tune you want.

Not entirely true what the precautionary measure is for, but if the doc recommends it, do it.

If you don't set it to 0 on the power, it can cause a corrupt load for that tune.

Of course, the switch tab is for the available power levels you have purchased.
    Ahhhh, ok, ok makes sense.

I was confused, but it’s because I have a 19.

They don’t come with the sound tunes.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post