Thanks Thanks:  32
Likes Likes:  97
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4th Gen Locking Hubs

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 4th Gen Locking Hubs

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Jake, can you pop off your cap on that wheel and post a picture?
    I'm curious, at your leisure of course.
    If the wheel is off, a picture of the backside?
    Getting ducks in a row before I tackle buddies' conversion.
    I will post you some pics and a few measurements later this afternoon.
    -Jake-

2016 Longhorn 3500, 4x4 shortbed CrewCab, Cummins HO/AISIN, 99.8% stock.
    * Hauling a 2018 Northstar Arrow-U. Scale weight 12,400 Lb.

2. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Greetings @toyota_mdt_tech
    The center bore on the alloy wheels on my stock 2016 Longhorn is 3.82"
    (see pic below)

^^^ 3.82 inches ^^^
    Here is also a picture of the back of the wheel off the truck...

Also note that the hole in the OEM steel wheel is a lot larger.
    Here you can see that the opening is just a tad under 5 inches...

Keep us posted as you move forward on this.
    -Jake-

4. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Electrojake View Post
    (see pic below)

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9GCcDv9/IMG-4212-0001.jpg
    ^^^ 3.82 inches ^^^
    Here is also a picture of the back of the wheel off the truck...

https://i.postimg.cc/bw2KQt9h/Empty-Wheel.jpg

Also note that the hole in the OEM steel wheel is a lot larger.
    Here you can see that the opening is just a tad under 5 inches...

https://i.postimg.cc/hjPLRdxv/Steel-wheel-0001.jpg

-Jake-
    Jake, you have been a real trooper. OK, I get it now, the wheel hub flange is the same, its the end of the bore is smaller with a small cap on it. Now can you do me one more flavor. Can you get a close up picture of the backside of the alloy. I'm sure I know what I am seeing, I just want to confirm it. A closer shot of the flange/bore, as a little bit of an angle to give me a better perspective.

Do you have aftermarket wheels? Those alloys are clean on backside, ie no brake dust, so must have taken them off when new.

My pal does have the steel clad wheels, so I'm certain he wont have an issue. But I want to have all this info on hand.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Jake, Can you get a close up picture of the backside of the alloy. I'm sure I know what I am seeing, I just want to confirm it. A closer shot of the flange/bore, as a little bit of an angle to give me a better perspective.
    Do you have aftermarket wheels? Those alloys are clean on backside, ie no brake dust, so must have taken them off when new.
    My pal does have the steel clad wheels, so I'm certain he wont have an issue. But I want to have all this info on hand.
    The wheels are OEM stock 18"
    Here's the data from FCA...

SuperAlloy Internationa (SAI)
    P/N: 1VQ87TRMAA18x8J
    +57.15mm offset
    Bolt pattern: 8-165.1mm (8 bolts x 6.5" circle)
    NOTE: These are Forged, (not cast).
    DOT-T JWL J-ISO
    Hub area bore: 121.3mm
    Load Rating: 3500 pounds

Note that the 4.8 inch "hub bore" is not to be confused with the smaller 3.8" hubcap opening of the wheel.
    Also this little chart is kind of helpful...

I should be able to get some close-up pictures of the back of wheel once I get the truck unloaded in the next couple of days.
    For the moment the truck is busy.

In the meantime think of any other questions or measurements you might need.
    Regards,
    -Jake-

EDIT:
    Please clarify... Do you need more pictures of the alloy rims or the steel rims?
    Thanks,
    -Jake-

8. Thanks Corkey, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

The wheels are OEM stock 18"
    Here's the data from FCA...

SuperAlloy Internationa (SAI)
    P/N: 1VQ87TRMAA18x8J
    +57.15mm offset
    Bolt pattern: 8-165.1mm (8 bolts x 6.5" circle)
    NOTE: These are Forged, (not cast).
    DOT-T JWL J-ISO
    Hub area bore: 121.3mm
    Load Rating: 3500 pounds

Note that the 4.8 inch "hub bore" is not to be confused with the smaller 3.8" hubcap opening of the wheel.
    Also this little chart is kind of helpful...

https://i.postimg.cc/433BCMLH/Tire-rim-wheel.jpg

I should be able to get some close-up pictures of the back of wheel once I get the truck unloaded in the next couple of days.
    For the moment the truck is busy.

https://i.postimg.cc/C5M0Tqbv/Arrow-...k-In-Pixio.jpg

In the meantime think of any other questions or measurements you might need.
    Regards,
    -Jake-

EDIT:
    Please clarify... Do you need more pictures of the alloy rims or the steel rims?
    Thanks,
    -Jake-
    Jake, I'm good with the info you gave me. I dont want you laboring after hours for me. I have a good grasp. It appears the inboard flange is the same as always, the throat of the wheel bore is closed down to a smaller size at the end cap. So it needs to be machined out. Now if a guy wanted to do the hubs, he would bore out the ends, which would be fine, BUT to rotate wheels, you'd need to do all 4 and the wheels would look silly on the back with no covers.

My pals is a Trademan, he has the steel clad wheels, so I doubt I am going to have an issue. I guess if a guy wanted to do free wheeling hubs, aftermarket wheels or factory from an earlier model. The new Tundras did the same thing, same wheel flange mount size, small center cap in rim.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

No problem @toyota_mdt_tech

Did I mention that I have owned ten Toyota's over the years including the 2017 4Runner Limited and Rav4 XLE that currently sit next to my Ram?
    Most trouble free vehicles I have ever owned!
    Regards,
    -Jake-

11. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

No problem @toyota_mdt_tech

Did I mention that I have owned ten Toyota's over the years including the 2017 4Runner Limited and Rav4 XLE that currently sit next to my Ram?
    Most trouble free vehicles I have ever owned!
    Regards,
    -Jake-
    I've owned a gazillion of them too setting next to my RAM is a 2016 Camry 2012 Prius V 2019 RAV4 Hybrid.

Tech, same store 33 yrs now.

If I can help you on those, holler.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Electrojake thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

(see pic below)

https://i.postimg.cc/Y9GCcDv9/IMG-4212-0001.jpg
    ^^^ 3.82 inches ^^^

-Jake-
    You know if they would just make a nice plastic cap to fit a 4 1/8" hole problem would be solved.

15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

You know if they would just make a nice plastic cap to fit a 4 1/8" hole problem would be solved.
    Found these on EBay, they list a few more that may work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353961064876

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Found these on EBay, they list a few more that may work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353961064876
    I think Spyntech should offer them, or maybe IGOTA could mfg and sell them.

OK, machine bore out, same diameter as the base, basically cut the inner choke point out flush, then a match at the end for a cap to set in a recess, a little lip on the inside of the bore for a retainer to latch into. Make the cap blend with the wheels radius, and maybe a cool RAM logo on it, you would need Mopars permission so maybe just polished to match color of alloy wheel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast