Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
My key fob unlocks, locks, and remote starts my truck from an average distance.

However, when I get close to the truck to put my hand on the handle to unlock it automatically, it does not work.

Also, when I get into the vehicle and try to start it, it says key fob not detected.

It's clear that there is some issue with the truck detecting the proximity of the key fob, but I have changed out the batteries twice and recently tried to get it to work correctly.

Given that I can comfortably assume it is not battery related, what is the next logical step for troubleshooting this?

I've never had to troubleshoot the proximity of the key fob, so I'm not sure what is involved and what could be defective.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
Great question; I would first try with a different remote key fob to eliminate that possibility.

Unfortunately, there's not a lot of information available on this system.

I have attached what I could find from Mopar Tech Authority.

There are sensors in the door handles that communicate with the Radio Frequency Hub Module (RFHM) via CAN Bus.

The RFHM is located behind the back seat and has four antennas, one in each door, left front and right front, behind the back seat, and the passenger side dash area.

If you have a scan tool capable of reading the RFHM for trouble codes, that would be my next step.

As stated in the attached information, the RFHM is not repairable, so it would have to be replaced if no module input troubles were present.

Hopefully, this will help answer some of your questions, and others will also chime in.

RF Hub.pdf

Passive Entry Diagram.jpg

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.