I'll try that after church tomorrow.

Thanks, buddy.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

Check Gauges Light On

Quote Originally Posted by corkey View Post
    Try this out, as I did some research.

I cleaned the two ground wires going from the factory battery terminals to the fenders/frame areas.

Wire brushed the bolts and coated everything with dielectric grease.

Reassembled, then cycled the ignition on and off 3 times, light is now off.

It seems the factory grounds were too clean after cleaning the engine compartment.

I was told by Dodge tech that is what kicks the light on most of the time.

Engine bay cleaning with high pressure or gunk. They get 1.2 hours to clean and do it.

The 2 ground wires needed scuffing up, reseating, coating with die e grease, then the bolts reinstallation on coated bare metal for goods grounds.

@captaincaveman
    Awesome.

Thanks, buddy.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

Re: Check Gauges Light On

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    Awesome.

Thanks, buddy.
    Welp, that didn't work.

I guess I'll wait until I get my retune for my MM3 from Ray.

It might disappear once I get rid of the Edge monitor and mystery EFI Live tunes.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Keep us informed how that goes friend.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Mine did the same thing, along with some crazy alternator voltage codes.

Instead of listening to the simple advice, I got on here and replaced an alternator that probably didn't need replacement yet.

I pulled the battery terminals off and cleaned the posts, lugs, and all the attached ring terminals.

Problem solved.

2007.5 Mega on 37’s, stock 68RFE, 4.10 gears Thuren/DT Profab stuff DRD Tuned

2021 Charger Scatty, AAD Suspension, BC Digressive Coilovers, E85 Flex Tune

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman View Post
    Welp, that didn't work.

I guess I'll wait until I get my retune for my MM3 from Ray.

It might disappear once I get rid of the Edge monitor and mystery EFI Live tunes.
    Stumbled on this “Check Gauges Lamp” information today; see the fifth paragraph in the attachment.

Keep in mind this is for a 4th Gen, but may be relevant.

Engine Charging System.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I had loads of stuff not working, clean terminals, installed two new batteries, still same issue, would lose my front power windows, wipers would turn on, headlights flashed on and off. It was a poor ground in a component in the IHS CAN network; IHS is high internal speed.

I subscribe to Mitchell manuals online for my truck (Thanks AK Bob for the link/info), located two grounds, fixed them, and all was gone.

It wasn't easy; I was dealing with it for a month.

I could watch the CAN H and CAN L with a handheld dual trace scope, a significant investment, I might add, for about 150 on amazon.

It's like a DVOM, but digital and can flip over to the scope.

Excellent investment, plus a scan tool from Autel the MS906, that was about 1300.

I can do the functional test and command things such as calibrating my turbo actuator, so I bit the bullet.

If you could have read the code, it would have been a great help. Get a good scan tool that can read all that stuff, i.e., SRS, ABS, and VSC, in addition to the standard powertrain stuff, which is valuable for the do-it-yourselfer.

Scope I bought

Scan tool: https://www.autel.com/u/cms/www/202109/01150422e5eq.png

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    I had loads of stuff not working, clean terminals, installed two new batteries, still same issue, would lose my front power windows, wipers would turn on, headlights flashed on and off. It was a poor ground in a component in the IHS CAN network; IHS is high internal speed.

I subscribe to Mitchell manuals online for my truck (Thanks AK Bob for the link/info), located two grounds, fixed them, and all was gone.

I could watch the CAN H and CAN L with a handheld dual trace scope, a significant investment, I might add, for about 150 on amazon.

Excellent investment, plus a scan tool from Autel the MS906, that was about 1300.

I can do the functional test and command things such as calibrating my turbo actuator, so I bit the bullet.

If you could have read the code, it would have been a great help. Get a good scan tool that can read all that stuff, i.e., SRS, ABS, and VSC, in addition to the standard powertrain stuff, which is valuable for the do-it-yourselfer.

Scope I bought

Thanks, great advice.

When troubleshooting any of these modern vehicles, I agree that an exemplary wiring diagram, scan tool, and scope are becoming necessary.

They make the job a lot easier.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

16. Top Of Page | #19

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post

Scope I bought

How do you like the scanner?

I was looking at the same one.

I initially looked at the harbor freight one but thought that would be just as good.

17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teeny_peen View Post
    How do you like the scanner?

I was looking at the same one.

I initially looked at the harbor freight one but thought that would be just as good.
    Love it, I bought a nice pelican case for it with that pluck out foam and now its stored in a nice secure case.

Ideal for troubleshooting any network issue. A must have, all cars are going this route, might as well be prepped for it.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

18. Likes watersupply189, teeny_peen, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast