Thanks Thanks:  29
Likes Likes:  91
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trans Time

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trans Time

So after waiting 6 weeks for an AC condenser for my Scat Pack, truck trans throws a P0700 code and goes into limp mode the day before I get the Charger back.

1st and 4th only guess it finally got tired of the 120 tune.

Of course, I just spent $$$ on wheels, tires, coil-overs, and more carbon fiber crap for the Charger.

My favorite trans builder isn’t building complete transmissions anymore, so.

I know there are a lot of RevMax fans here, but their warranty terms and conditions are a little ridiculous, in my opinion.

Actually a lot ridiculous.

Does anybody have experience with Midwest Transmission Supply or other reputable builders besides BD or ATS?

Thanks, folks!

2007.5 Mega on 37’s, stock 68RFE, 4.10 gears Thuren/DT Profab stuff DRD Tuned

2021 Charger Scatty, AAD Suspension, BC Digressive Coilovers, E85 Flex Tune

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Trans Time

Man, when it rains, it pours, huh?

Hate your trans took a dump.

No experience with the trans builders you mentioned.

So your A/C already went out in your Scat?

It sounds like you have done some awesome mods on it.

Can you throw a pic or two up of your car?

I have a 2019 Charger Scat and love every minute of driving it.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Nukldragger, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Trans Time

Pinhole in the condenser, all the refrigerant leaked out.

About the time it started hitting 90 out here.

I don’t know how it got a hole in it.

It seems like the front end of this thing sucks up road debris like a vacuum.

Went with the BC DR Series coil overs and Forgestar F14’s, 20x11/305 rears.

I am waiting on my Conti ECS tires to show up.

CF diffuser is sitting in my new parts pile, gotta pull the rear bumper cover to get it fit up.

I’ll post pics when this round of mods is done.

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nukldragger View Post
    Pinhole in the condenser, all the refrigerant leaked out.

About the time it started hitting 90 out here.

I don’t know how it got a hole in it.

It seems like the front end of this thing sucks up road debris like a vacuum.

Went with the BC DR Series coil-overs and Forgestar F14’s, 20x11/305 rears.

I am waiting on my Conti ECS tires to show up.

CF diffuser is sitting in my new parts pile, gotta pull the rear bumper cover to get it fit up.

I’ll post pics when this round of mods is done.
    I’ve been thinking of getting the Conti ECS for my Charger when these Good (junk) year tires wear down, which is pretty quick.

Your right about these cars sucking up road debris, plus that front bumper scrapes everything from sitting so low.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

What do you consider ridiculous about their warranty stipulations?

Any performance builder is going to have strict warranty stipulations.

Do you need a factory-rated transmission?

Randy’s transmission is another good one, but they likely have the same or close warranty stipulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    What do you consider ridiculous about their warranty stipulations?

Any performance builder is going to have strict warranty stipulations.

Do you need a factory-rated transmission?

Randy’s transmission is another good one, but they likely have the same or close warranty stipulations.

This is the one that got my attention....."Input, Output and Intermediate Shafts ARE NOT COVERED against breakage! Customer is responsible for all costs associated with damage caused by broken shafts. Shaft breakage is considered abuse and is NOT warrantied under any circumstances!"

and....

"Warranty does not include labor for the removal or installation of any product, including defective items."

and.....

"Any defective item must be sent back to RevMax, freight prepaid, and upon receipt will be inspected for damage. RevMax will at its sole discretion either repair or replace the defective item."

The only failure I've ever had (aside from just using up this trans) is an input shaft that let go cruising @ 70mph in OD with no load. Dave Goerend overnighted me about a 150lbs of hard parts and tools, and walked me through rebuilding the front section of the trans. Granted it was a 47RE, but Dave stood behind his product.

You're right about warranties, Randy's is pretty much the same get down. Gonna call MTS Diesel on Tuesday and see what their warranty terms are, website says 3 years/100k but doesn't stipulate anything about not covering shafts or cases. Dave Anderson @ Goerend recommended them.

12. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nukldragger View Post
    This is the one that got my attention....."Input, Output and Intermediate Shafts ARE NOT COVERED against breakage! Customer is responsible for all costs associated with damage caused by broken shafts. Shaft breakage is considered abuse and is NOT warrantied under any circumstances!"

and....

"Warranty does not include labor for the removal or installation of any product, including defective items."

and.....

"Any defective item must be sent back to RevMax, freight prepaid, and upon receipt will be inspected for damage. RevMax will at its sole discretion either repair or replace the defective item."

The only failure I've ever had (aside from just using up this trans) is an input shaft that let go cruising @ 70mph in OD with no load. Dave Goerend overnighted me about a 150lbs of hard parts and tools, and walked me through rebuilding the front section of the trans. Granted it was a 47RE, but Dave stood behind his product.

You're right about warranties, Randy's is pretty much the same get down. Gonna call MTS Diesel on Tuesday and see what their warranty terms are, website says 3 years/100k but doesn't stipulate anything about not covering shafts or cases. Dave Anderson @ Goerend recommended them.
    46 47s and 48re’s will all break shafts even billet if there is a shift bind or overlap 68RFEs don’t have that issue.

Only way inputs break on 68s is using the stock shaft over 500hp, bad tuning with locked shifts or stock shafts with triple discs.

Replace the input if over 500hp with billet and weld the output planetary pins if over 700hp you won’t have any issues with shafts breaking.

I haven’t heard of a place that does warranty against hard part breakage.

It would take an extreme case for me to warranty any hard parts on a 68RFE. They just simply don’t break without being abused.

On the shaft you had let go at 70 with no load. It was damaged before that, that’s just when it let go. I’ve seen and heard that many many many times and shaft splines were always twisted.

14. Thanks AK Bob, Nukldragger thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Trans Time

Mts looks okay. Expensive for what it is.

From their online page looks like they are using tuneless valve bodies. Make sure your runner knows that if you end up going with them.

Also looks like they don’t do high hp builds. Their stage 3 only rated for 250hp over stock.

Honestly most of the parts they include in their stage 3 are most builders stage 1.5 or 2.

Is Dave/gorend not building 68s any more?

16. Thanks Nukldragger thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Mine gave away at 60mph with no towing, but coming to a grade with tow haul selected

I knew it wouldn't give away for no reason, which leads me to believe it had a hair line fracture which caused it to give away when it did.

Good example for folks that want to feel a huge difference in shifting on stock parts. Sure, you can crank up the pressure to the line but, your trans will drop when it wants to.

This is why i suggest friends to build the transmission first to get the biggest investment out the way as well with the biggest reassurance

I basically threw what others were saying to me at the time out the window

The only idiot was me for not listening

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

18. Thanks AK Bob, toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

No, Dave’s not building any transmissions now, just parts. His guy recommended MTS.

Gonna talk to Red Horse on Tuesday, their Warhorse 750 looks like it might be a good option. Heard some good things about Dallas Penn. I’ll see what they say about converters, I’ll probably end up running a Goerend or maybe a Revmax triple.

20. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast