Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  35

Thread: Did Thuren Discontinue King 2.0's?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Did Thuren Discontinue King 2.0's?

So I want to purchase the King 2.0's for the Thuren rear springs, and I have them for the front but want to install the rear mid-rate springs with the Kings.

However, the CJC website says they discontinued them.

Thurens website has no info on it.

Does anyone know for sure if this is the case?

2017 2500 CCSB, 2.5" Thuren Springs, Thuren Active Rate Sway Bar, King steering stabilizer shock, Anthem Commanders wrapped in 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, S&B Intake, The Dr's prescription performance enhancer.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, SKIBBEE4thGEN thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Did Thuren Discontinue King 2.0's?

@DDP ought to know for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Did Thuren Discontinue King 2.0's?

Good morning; this is true that Thuren has stopped making them as of now due to how hard and how long it is taking to get them out.

Clayton

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    Good morning; this is true that Thuren has stopped making them as of now due to how hard and how long it is taking to get them out.

Clayton
    Thank you.

So they could start having them made again?

2017 2500 CCSB, 2.5" Thuren Springs, Thuren Active Rate Sway Bar, King steering stabilizer shock, Anthem Commanders wrapped in 35X12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, S&B Intake, The Dr's prescription performance enhancer.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Yes, sir, but it will likely be a long time as Thuren moves more towards Fox nowadays.

King's timeline's on things are terrible.

My customers are waiting a year or so for custom-tuned Thuren King 2.5 shocks, LOL.

Matthew 6:9-13, 2 Corinthians 5:20
    See what we are up to on:
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
    Or Email us at:
    sales@ddpmotorsports.com
    www.ddpmotorsports.com

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DDP View Post
    Yes, sir, but it will likely be a long time as Thuren moves more towards Fox nowadays.

King's timeline's on things are terrible.

My customers are waiting a year or so for custom-tuned Thuren King 2.5 shocks, LOL.
    That's crazy.

How is the ride difference between the Fox shocks and the King, and would it affect the ride if I was to do Fox in the back with my current kings upfront?

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r View Post
    That's crazy.

How is the ride difference between the Fox shocks and the King, and would it affect the ride if I was to do Fox in the back with my current kings upfront?
    My experience is with the Cari setup, not the Thuren, but I can't believe it would be that different, or maybe it is.

Having had both, I find the Kings to be a more "rounded" ride than the Fox.

I can't say they are "smoother," but less "sharp," maybe, but not bouncy either.

Not sure how to explain it.

I think the Kings will take much more beating off-road, like hammering them hard on a washboard road, but I have nothing to back that up.

However, it took me 6+ months to get them from Carli two years ago.

I would imagine the difference between having Kings up front and Fox in the back would barely be noticeable.

On a side note, being the OCD weirdo that I am, I would probably get the Carli Kings or replace them all with Fox so that they match.

2016 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 - 2.5" Carli PinTop, RevMax Signature 700, FASS 165, Evilfab 2nd Gen swap w/ S464, 5" TBE & nut'n but engine under the hood
    2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Complete Delete w/ FASS 150 | EZ Lync w/ PPEI SOTF
    2012 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax CC 4x4 - Bone Stock
    2004 & 2006 Ford F250 PowerJoke CC King Ranch 4x4 (aka "POS#1" & "POS #2") - Bought back by Ford @ 8k miles / 12K miles

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmojo View Post
    My experience is with the Cari setup, not the Thuren, but I can't believe it would be that different, or maybe it is.

Having had both, I find the Kings to be a more "rounded" ride than the Fox.

I can't say they are "smoother," but less "sharp," maybe, but not bouncy either.

Not sure how to explain it.

I think the Kings will take much more beating off-road, like hammering them hard on a washboard road, but I have nothing to back that up.

However, it took me 6+ months to get them from Carli two years ago.

I would imagine the difference between having Kings up front and Fox in the back would barely be noticeable.

On a side note, being the OCD weirdo that I am, I would probably get the Carli Kings or replace them all with Fox so that they match.
    I agree on that, but just as a temporary thing until the Kings come back, I can always remove the Fox sticker and just put a Thuren one on it.

The problem is I already paid the $600 for the Kings upfront not too long ago.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I’ve been working on short-course race trucks for over 15 years.

I ran Fox and King shocks, which boils down to personal preference and valving.

There’s not much difference otherwise.

Run the Foxes if you can get them; as long as they’re valved correctly, you won’t notice the difference.

2007.5 Mega on 37’s, stock 68RFE, 4.10 gears Thuren/DT Profab stuff DRD Tuned

2021 Charger Scatty, AAD Suspension, BC Digressive Coilovers, E85 Flex Tune

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post