Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  148
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Engine Stalls / Won’t Start?

1. Top Of Page | #31

User Info Menu

Re: Engine Stalls / Won’t Start?

The old sensor and the new sensor looked and weighed the same.

I drove the truck for a week, but starting each time the starter was engaged took a long time.

A Diesel engine machinist told me that if the Cummins was hard to start, it could be an injector was bad, and he had seen engines destroyed by a bad injector.

I don’t think this applies to this situation, but I sidelined the truck until the problem could be investigated.

From my understanding, the injector number has to be read off each injector and written to the new computer.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #32

User Info Menu

What is the process to get the codes on the injectors and write them to the PCM?

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #33

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by daytona701 View Post
    What is the process to get the codes on the injectors and write them to the PCM?
    If the correction codes can’t be found on your injectors, they must be sent out for calibration.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #34

User Info Menu

The question is what is involved in reading the codes of the injectors and writing the codes to the PCM.

How far must the engine be disassembled to read the numbers laser etched into each injector?

Does the injector have to be removed to do this, and with 246 thousand miles on the original injectors, should the injectors be replaced or rebuilt since I’m this far into the engine?

I was told that an injector failure could quickly wreck a cylinder.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #35

User Info Menu

No update yet.

I got the factory service manual on cd and will study it....
    Where did you get the factory manual on CD from?

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #36

User Info Menu

Compensation codes are on the injectors; they need to be added.

Need a 2-way scan tool (rear and write).

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #37

User Info Menu

The question is what is involved in reading the codes of the injectors and writing the codes to the PCM.

How far must the engine be disassembled to read the numbers laser etched into each injector?

Does the injector have to be removed to do this, and with 246 thousand miles on the original injectors, should the injectors be replaced or rebuilt since I’m this far into the engine?

I was told that an injector failure could quickly wreck a cylinder.
    I think the injectors need to come out. I am not certain; maybe written (engraved) on an exposed part?

You can see the original codes in the engine ECU, but that does you no good.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #38

User Info Menu

I still have the original PCM.

Is it possible to see the injector codes in the original PCM and then write them into the replacement ECM?

The cd factory service manual came from a friend.

16. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #39

User Info Menu

I still have the original PCM.

Is it possible to see the injector codes in the original PCM and then write them into the replacement ECM?

The cd factory service manual came from a friend.
    #daytona701 No, it won't; it only tells you the old injector compensation codes.

Now that I have access to prodemand, I have access to all this info.

It looks like you can get the codes by just removing the valve cover, looking at the picture.

CCcodes.png

cccodeinfo.jpg

18. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #40

User Info Menu

This would be a good time to pick up an Autel MS906 scanner. /BT for blue tooth.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast