Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  148
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Engine Stalls / Won’t Start?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: Engine Stalls / Won’t Start?

Quote Originally Posted by daytona701 View Post
    I talked to Steve at ClearCom Technology about using the tuner that’s been with the truck for 8 years.

I was concerned flashing the new ecm wouldn’t work because the tuner would be locked to the old ecm.

The tuner manual says the tuner locks to the VIN and serial number in the ECM.

Anyway, Steve said trying to load the tune may work.

I loaded the mileage tune today and got 23.4 mpg.

Still have engine light on with DTC injector data incompatible for each injector and missing secret key code.

7 DTCs altogether.

I tried several times to erase it with a tuner and then the Harbor Freight scan tool.

Those Autel scanners are looking good right now.
    You need to add compensation codes for the injectors; they were on the original ECU.

You could have interrogated ECM and written down codes 1-6 and then with a bi-directional scanner (I did sell my MX808 and buy the MS 906 with BT), and you can also write the VIN in too.

You may have to reprogram your keys (immobilizer) will keep the security light on, and it will start, then stop.

How about getting alfaobd.com?

It can get your PIN code to [program keys, write in the VIN, and write in compensation codes.

Bad news, you will have to remove your valve cover, look at the top of the injectors and write down codes for cyl 1-6 and enter them.

Not the end of the world.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

Re: Engine Stalls / Won’t Start?

After the ECM was installed from Flagship, one truck was hard to start but ran fine.

After a while, it would turn over but wouldn’t start.

A lady in commercial parts at the local O’Reillys gave me the name of a diesel mechanic in my area.

Accessed fuel injectors by removing the valve cover and exhaust rocker arm, then using Harbor Freight cheap borescope to read etched alphanumeric codes on each injector.

A diesel mechanic came to my shop with a Snap-on Solus scanner/writer and wrote injector codes to the computer.

The engine was still hard to start, but it ran fine.

The mechanic said to get a Mopar sensor, but the cost was $180 from the dealer.

I changed the new previously installed crankshaft position sensor from O’Reillys with another new sensor from O’Reillys, and the truck started and ran fine.

It didn’t clear the crankshaft sensor code, and after enough cycles check engine light went out.

Since that truck is running well, I have to rebuild the rear end of the diesel Jeep Liberty.

I got too many things with wheels.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345