Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  28
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2008 RAM 6.7L Head Gasket Going? Need Help!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

2008 RAM 6.7L Head Gasket Going? Need Help!

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Agree it would be a good idea to test or replace the cap to eliminate that possibility.
    gonna swap the cap tomorrow with a gates cap and will see how it acts. Guess I’ll have to swing it by my mechanic to have him test the block. Just wild situation all together. Hg are known on this truck but do people ever check there trucks enough to catch it before it’s legit there LOL. Sometimes I feel I’m too **** constantly checking over the truck.

2. Likes watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Adams View Post
    no blow by at all. And yeah that’s what they all say. Just figured I’d ask to see if anyone had the tank overflow before they had to replace the Hg. But for now I turned it down.
    When my water pump went out, filled it up and warmed the truck up, thermostat opened but didn't fill it up completely, i noticed the coolant temp got to 223 at idle an my motor started to rev itself up

Might also be helpful knowing your getting low on fluid if your stuck in traffic and what not

I also have a 08

Better some knowledgeable news than none

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I genuinely think the coolant system on these trucks was crap initially, being just an overflow tank.

When the 2010+ went to an expansion tank, they were used to eliminate air in the system but recirculate it appropriately, allowing constant bleeding.

I'd **** a brick if it was just a significant air bubble in the system, but I’ll test the block and change the cap and report back.

I’m sure I’m not the only one with an overflow puking out at a high boost!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Keep us posted, please!

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12