Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: High Boost Pressure - RaceME Ultra Box Tunes

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

High Boost Pressure - RaceME Ultra Box Tunes

Hey, I've got a 2014 with RaceME Ultra box tunes, 4inch straight pipe, and otherwise stock.

I hauled my excavator and dumped the trailer the other day and saw my boost increase to 39psi on the 30hp tune.

I also have it set to the quick spool setting because I'm not too fond of the jet noise on the other settings.

I don't think I should be seeing that high of boost, any insight?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: High Boost Pressure - RaceME Ultra Box Tunes

Box tuning can cause some bizarre issues.

God bless,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Likes watersupply189, Thomas1960, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: High Boost Pressure - RaceME Ultra Box Tunes

I just got set up with box tunes and haul a 16ft gooseneck dump that is usually 6-8ton of material, also a mini ex and TC35 Tractor.

I am still playing with box tunes, rt switch, gauges, and more gauges that I am still learning about.

I am taking pics of max numbers after a good run towing to the data log.

I like how much I can adjust and play with this and learn from max numbers for a given situation.

I lock out 5th,6th, and manually shift above that and sometimes downshift to 3rd to stay on exhaust brake.

I found lower boost on 120, 150hp towing.

So far, my favorite flash was 120hp, and everything adjusted to stock on VGT, timing, RP, and trans.

I am not sure stock or stock with pressure both seem good.

I wish the RT switch allowed choosing stock levels on VGT and timing.

Higher hp tows better, but timing, RP, and VGT seem to affect one direction having more initial bottom for stop and go with a less mid hit, and one rips on county roads but hesitates more off idle.

I am sure Ray has seen this 1000x and I am already seeing the potential of tunes made for me.

I wish the truck were manual, but for now, with the box tunes, it seems to turn up hp and stay under 60% throttle as much as possible with 68RFE.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post