Thanks Thanks:  24
Likes Likes:  77
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: People Suck!

1. Top Of Page | #1

People Suck!

I own my own small electrical company.

I had a guy working for me, and I had him take my work van to finish out the day while I went to a meeting for a job an hour away.

I told him not to drive anywhere but the job site.

He was going to pick me up this morning so we could go hammer out a couple more jobs, so I told him to keep the van at his house.

Around 11 pm, I realized I had left my carry stuck underneath the dash.

When I drove to his house to get it, the van wasn’t there as he had driven to his buddy's house.

When I got to his buddies finally at 2 am they were working on a truck.

I was rightfully pissed for him taking the van to his buddies house, but on top of that he “locked the keys in it”.

When I went back to get the van this morning it was gone.

No one knows what happened to it.

I filed a police report, but there’s nothing they can do now.

I had 10’s of thousands of dollars worth of tools and materials which I doubt insurance will cover.

So now instead of doing everything I was going to do to my truck, I have to buy everything.

Everything I’ve put together for the last 12 years was gone.

I have nothing to make money with for the foreseeable future.

I’m positive the guy was using drugs, and he sold my van and everything in it for next to nothing so he could keep getting loaded.

I just don’t understand how people could be so self centered.

I’ve given this guy around $500 in the last week to help out he and his wife.

I didn’t even ask for it back, and I lose everything.

Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

People Suck!

So sorry to hear this; you try to help people out, and they pull this kind of crap!

As you mentioned probably drug-related.

Hopefully, the police will be able to recover the van or at least some of your tools.

It makes you lose faith in other people when they treat you this way.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

People Suck!

I despise thieves.

I have found I have hardened over the years.

I help those who don’t ask/beg or tell me sob stories/life histories without asking.

I don’t openly trust; it must be earned, and then it’s “trust, but verify.” (Ronald Reagan)

So sorry for your loss, but you’ll make it.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

People Suck!

I feel for you bro.

I was supervising a crew, had one of my guys tell me a hard-luck story about his wife’s mom was sick, and he and his wife gave her all they had to help her out, but then their car broke down blah blah blah, he asked if I could loan him a couple hundred and I did.

Two weeks go by, and then he calls me telling me how bad things have gotten worse; they are still trying to help our her family; they are way overextended, and now his wife is sick too blah blah blah…, all he needs is $500 more, and all will be fixed.

He and his family will be forever in my debt, and he is expecting his tax return to come back any time now and can pay me back.

The next day comes, and he’s not at work.

Found out from others that know him better than I did, he skipped town.

Why? Cause he has a horrible gambling habit and has been borrowing money from many other people to keep playing around gambling instead of paying rent and buying food for his wife and young children.

I never saw him again.

Just sharing this with you to let you know that you aren’t the only one who tries to help and gets taken advantage of.

Keep your head up, and don’t let one scum bag ruin your faith in everyone.

There are still good folks out there.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

People Suck!

Why I tell people don’t take my kindness for a weakness.

6. Top Of Page | #6

People Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywrench View Post
    I feel for you bro.

I was supervising a crew, had one of my guys tell me a hard-luck story about his wife’s mom was sick, and he and his wife gave her all they had to help her out, but then their car broke down blah blah blah, he asked if I could loan him a couple hundred and I did.

Two weeks go by, and then he calls me telling me how bad things have gotten worse; they are still trying to help our her family; they are way overextended, and now his wife is sick too blah blah blah…, all he needs is $500 more, and all will be fixed.

He and his family will be forever in my debt, and he is expecting his tax return to come back any time now and can pay me back.

The next day comes, and he’s not at work.

Found out from others that know him better than I did, he skipped town.

Why? Cause he has a horrible gambling habit and has been borrowing money from many other people to keep playing around gambling instead of paying rent and buying food for his wife and young children.

I never saw him again.

Just sharing this with you to let you know that you aren’t the only one who tries to help and gets taken advantage of.

Keep your head up, and don’t let one scum bag ruin your faith in everyone.

There are still good folks out there.
    The part that sucks the most is that now it’s gonna be a long while before I can do anything else to my truck.

God forbid something decides to go out

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

People Suck!

How often have you been approached on a street corner by a panhandler saying, “anything helps,” yet you try to give them a canned good or something similar, but they refuse?

It happens more than you think.

They want cash, and lots are driving better cars than I do.

In some cases, it has been a large, newer motor home.

Heh, maybe that’ll work for us diesel owners.

My favorite is when they’re standing there begging or telling me how bad things are, can’t pay rent, etc., all while chain-smoking cigarettes.

30 years in the rental business gets you called every name in the book, hearing every excuse there is.

Everybody thinks they are “entitled” to something.

Usually, they think it’s what you have.

Never mind all the blood, sweat, and tears/time it took you to get there.

Although I despise thieves, I hate vandals even more.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

9. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Re: People Suck!

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    How often have you been approached on a street corner by a panhandler saying, “anything helps,” yet you try to give them a canned good or something similar, but they refuse?

It happens more than you think.

They want cash, and lots are driving better cars than I do.

In some cases, it has been a large, newer motor home.

Heh, maybe that’ll work for us diesel owners.

My favorite is when they’re standing there begging or telling me how bad things are, can’t pay rent, etc., all while chain-smoking cigarettes.

30 years in the rental business gets you called every name in the book, hearing every excuse there is.

Everybody thinks they are “entitled” to something.

Usually, they think it’s what you have.

Never mind all the blood, sweat, and tears/time it took you to get there.

Although I despise thieves, I hate vandals even more.
    You are taking away their dignity to work if you give them money.

That’s how I look at it.

So I never give them money.

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Collin42 View Post
    You are taking away their dignity to work if you give them money.

That’s how I look at it.

So I never give them money.

I can honestly say, I have never given 1penny to panhandlers.

I like your thinking.

I’ll give some to street performers if it grabs my attention or is entertaining at least those people are doing something for it.

Some have been extremely talented.

2wd low loc kit.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear that; it’s a pain having to start over.

Plus, it’s hard even to trust people these days!

2008 3/4ton Long Bed
    68RFE - ATS Separator/Accumulator plate
    Deleted
    VGT Switch
    Catchcan - CCV delete
    H&S MM,Banks gauges-EGT,PSI
    285/70R17 Vision-tactical

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast