Thanks Thanks:  39
Likes Likes:  114
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RaceME Ultra Help!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: RaceME Ultra Help!

I know the doctor is the best, but I wanted to wait till I had a Valve Body and a Turbo before full custom.

I thought all box tunes were the same. I should be able to have at least stock power and go above 70mph with box tunes.

The Doc is the only custom direction I would ever go.

I thought I would be safe with this setup for now till upgrades. This is not my toy truck, I depend on this daily to make money, and this feels like a nightmare.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

What did you do with the throttle valve?

Install a delete pipe, unplug it, or install a Banks/GDP intake horn?

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, B69NoDEF thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

I'd watch this video to ensure you are doing the delete process in the right order and with the right procedures:

6. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B69NoDEF View Post
    I know the doctor is the best, but I wanted to wait till I had a Valve Body and a Turbo before full custom.

I thought all box tunes were the same. I should be able to have at least stock power and go above 70mph with box tunes.

The Doc is the only custom direction I would ever go.

I thought I would be safe with this setup for now till upgrades.

This is not my toy truck, I depend on this daily to make money, and this feels like a nightmare.
    I understand your frustration.

From a troubleshooting standpoint, we don’t know how much of the problem results from the boxed tunes without any trouble codes.

Have you been working with your tuner for possible solutions or ideas?

Hopefully, others reading this thread will chime in with additional advice.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, B69NoDEF thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oMegaOrange View Post
    What did you do with the throttle valve?

Install a delete pipe, unplug it, or install a Banks/GDP intake horn?
    I just unplugged.

I ordered all the total cleaning products to eliminate any possible issues after these problems.

I have been working with RaceME, and I will not point fingers or say box tunes are the reason until I check everything off.

It could be as stupid as me not doing the entire gut job and just boring a 3.5" hole, or maybe debris fell inside.

Even though I had charger on and the voltage was suitable.

I will install two new batteries and add another crossover cable just to eliminate that possible cause. I

I do not really want to bash anyone, as mistakes and issues happen to everyone.

This is not a bolt-on hard part.

I will update as I check things off.

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help.

9. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oMegaOrange View Post
    I'd watch this video to ensure you are doing the delete process in the right order and with the right procedures:

That is the video I followed.

I did not take apart the actuator, only disconnected the plug.

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #27
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B69NoDEF View Post
    LOL.

Yes, it was a fun job, and they were spotless inside.
    So did you remove them and replace them with a straight pipe or drill a hole in them as your other reply says?

You are not helping yourself by not saying exactly what you did.

It doesn’t matter if they are spotless inside or not; you have to remove them with delete tunes or at least altogether gut them.

Your tune is meant for a straight pipe, not a DPF that has a 3.5-inch hole in it that may not have been done right in the first place.

Also, with your def injector code, does your tune support def removal looks like race me now sells a tune that supports DPF removal but not def removal for some reason.

I would be surprised if it’s the tune I have used countless cust supplied RaceME box tunes over the years. Although not ideal tunes, they do work for most that want to remove DPF/DEF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, B69NoDEF thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #28
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

And make sure you unplugged the throttle valve and not the map sensor.

15. Thanks B69NoDEF thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    So did you remove them and replace them with a straight pipe or drill a hole in them as your other reply says?

You are not helping yourself by not saying exactly what you did.

It doesn’t matter if they are spotless inside or not; you have to remove them with delete tunes or at least altogether gut them.

Your tune is meant for a straight pipe, not a DPF that has a 3.5-inch hole in it that may not have been done right in the first place.

Also, with your def injector code, does your tune support def removal looks like race me now sells a tune that supports DPF removal but not def removal for some reason.

I would be surprised if it’s the tune I have used countless cust supplied RaceME box tunes over the years. Although not ideal tunes, they do work for most that want to remove DPF/DEF

I only cored a 3.5" hole through like I have read others have done.

I originally planned full "stealth" but for now care less, I just want to get truck situated and back to hauling as it may not be open enough.

The metal tubes where I cut two rubber hoses are crimped but still are pushing out a lot of pressure.

I was led to believe it cored would have been enough, maybe chunk broke,maybe not enough flow.

My next step after fully removing core is make sure EGR is shut like it should.

I really do not think it is tuner either (fingers crossed), and I am getting help from them as well.

I was in a tough spot this weekend with them closed and was hoping it was something easy to fix I overlooked.

This is all new to me and my 12 valve was easy to work on and trouble free besides KDP.

Concerning DEF, I was instructed to leave intact only diconnecting plug and valve on exhaust.

Sorry for mix-up with clean DPF I meant by clean inside that the truck was running mint prior to work.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Well, I feel embarrassed, but at least it was easy.

From reading other forums and people's supposed "experience," I was under the impression a 4" hole through DPF would be fine.

You would think it would be the same as a 4" straight pipe; the restriction was making everything wacky, and parts of DPF were also breaking off.

I read it would stay solid.

Live and learn.

I am now very happy with the RaceME.

120 hp is clean enough and the truck jumps to 110mph empty on the race track.

Excited to go Warp soon and have it better, but as it is now it is 1000x better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast