Thanks Thanks:  45
Likes Likes:  142
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Well It Happened!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Well It Happened!

Update: The bill is 5k in parts an 1700 in labor for this rebuild for the trans

The guy has been doing this for 30+years and is very well known around our area

From what I gathered, 16 clutches instead of 12

Billet input shaft

Sup premier triple disc low stall converter

ATS billet flex plate " which iv had but never installed"

Upgraded VB "believe he said something about drilling A 1\8" hole to allow more fluid or something about higher line pressure after the trans tune"

I don't have the money for a revmax or one from Randy's trans, so I went towards this route

Does come with a 1 or 2 year warranty an to return 15 days for a recheck on the install

$6,895 is the total price, should get it back next Friday

I do recall him explaining this kit https://www.xtremediesel.com/transgo...iABEgKAu_D_BwE

I tried looking up the SUP PREIMER triple disc converter but he said they don't do retail and they are right above me in Seattle, WA

Installing the bypass kit as well

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by corkey View Post
    Update: The bill is 5k in parts an 1700 in labor for this rebuild for the trans

The guy has been doing this for 30+years and is very well known around our area

From what I gathered, 16 clutches instead of 12

Billet input shaft

Sup premier triple disc low stall converter

ATS billet flex plate " which iv had but never installed"

Upgraded VB "believe he said something about drilling A 1\8" hole to allow more fluid or something about higher line pressure after the trans tune"

I don't have the money for a revmax or one from Randy's trans, so I went towards this route

Does come with a 1 or 2 year warranty an to return 15 days for a recheck on the install

$6,895 is the total price, should get it back next Friday

I do recall him explaining this kit https://www.xtremediesel.com/transgo...iABEgKAu_D_BwE

I tried looking up the SUP PREIMER triple disc converter but he said they don't do retail and they are right above me in Seattle, WA

Installing the bypass kit as well
    Sound reasonable to me.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

I hope it'll be a noticeable difference compared to a stock 68.

Said it'll lock up in 3rd\6th, I wouldn't notice a big difference with easy driving, but on higher or WOT at 230-250psi line pressure, I'll certainly feel it grab and quickly shift.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Does 1700 labor include installation?

If not you can find a much better deal for the parts list you have listed.

On the 16 clutch count overdrive ask him if he is using the stock drum or upgrading to the sonnax drum.

Just my opinion but builders who can’t build the valve body them selfs vs buying a Revmax or Randy’s have no business building these transmissions.

I’d stay away from the tgo valve body kit and opt for a dnj channel plate and sonnax oversized solenoid switch valve and a tgo reprogramming kit for the accum springs and cover.

I see no mention of pump mods. Pump mods absolutely need to be done to make the trans reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Around the same price but has a much better parts list.

9. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I didn't get all the specs from him.

He spoke German to me when he was going off on everything; I couldn't keep up.

The pump is for sure getting modded out.

That's all disassembled, machining, parts, and fluids for $6895.

11. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, timshooter40 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

I read the list of upgraded parts, and if this is for 2008 listed under your user name, I'd like to add a suggestion, upgraded trans computer.

I added the Revmax valve body and computer. 2007.5-2009 had a separate computer for the trans (pass side firewall).

While his valve body mod will allow more pressure, it will not change the shift characteristics.

The Revmax computer changes upshift to more like the tow haul mode.

It lets the trans downshift without pressing the go pedal to the floor.

6th gear is held until like 53 instead of 40 stock.

Just food for thought.

I think the programming is the same for the newer 68REF trucks that control the trans with engine ECM.

13. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

I'm just going with what my trans guy recommended.

He is putting a tune in it after the install; however, I'll probably get a hold of Tom at Revmax to relay what was installed and adjust any adjustments afterward.

For the past two weeks, iv been nonstop researching via here or YouTube on upgrades, pros, cons, triple-disc converters, drums, input shafts, fluids, etc.

Again, i hope it will be a big difference when completed; 7k is a good chunk of money for hoping my expectations will be met.

Nonetheless, I don't think ill be disappointed.

15. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

There is the culprit.

The input shaft snapped right at the splines inside the converter and could not get the broken piece out.

I picked the truck up today, and he recommended a 1-2 week in town driving for the trans relearn process to be accurate.

I'll return in 15 days for a recheck on everything and make any adjustments if needed.

My one question is, he installed just a soft tune, I believe he called it.

Will or shall I get a hold of the doc to get any benefit out of the Trans that way?

Or continue with whatever my builder did.

16. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by corkey View Post

There is the culprit.

The input shaft snapped right at the splines inside the converter and could not get the broken piece out.

I picked the truck up today, and he recommended a 1-2 week in town driving for the trans relearn process to be accurate.

I'll return in 15 days for a recheck on everything and make any adjustments if needed.

My one question is, he installed just a soft tune, I believe he called it.

Will or shall I get a hold of the doc to get any benefit out of the Trans that way?

Or continue with whatever my builder did.
    Definately, see the Dr.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

18. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast