Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1999 24 valve fuel cutout

1. Top Of Page | #11
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Is there anything I can do temporarily until I can get the fuel system like an inline pump or something like that ?

2. Top Of Page | #12
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Yep turn your programmer down till you have the coin to do things right the first time

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So an inline pump won't help any

4. Top Of Page | #14
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

The pump you have is working till you try pushing more fuel through, adding another in line pump is not going to do jack all, hence why I said turn it down and save up the coin

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

The lift pump you have is in line. It's on the side of the block. Later ones are mounted on the fuel filter.

I happen to have one that is good if you're interested. I installed a Fass and a filter eliminator. The only thing I am not sure of is if you have a quick disconnect on your fuel like.

It worked fine on my 03 with the V2. It's just a band aid though. But a bolt in substitution until you can scrounge the coin

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12