Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  66
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P2262 Code Coming Up?

1. Top Of Page | #1

P2262 Code Coming Up?

Hey guys, I require some help on this one.

I have a 2016 6.7L, and I have a P2262 code coming up. For some back story, recently, it had a code for the turbo actuator and went through replacing that.

I checked the turbo while the actuator was off(toggled the selector and checked the wheel for smooth operation).

After installation, the truck seemed to be fixed, with no lack of power, no lag on turbo, problems were resolved.

About 50 miles after installation truck popped up with CEL and code P2262.

Seems to be no problems with the way it’s running, average boost, and regular engine break.

I have read around and seen it could be multiple problems, and I’m trying to avoid taking it to a dealer, so that any recommendations would be great.

Thanks,
    David

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

P2262 Code Coming Up?

Check to ensure all your electrical connections are clean, secure, and tight.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

P2262 Code Coming Up?

As stated above, check the electrical connections to the actuator first.

See attached information; the turbo is sluggish and not following the actuator fast enough.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Top Of Page | #4

P2262 Code Coming Up?

Thanks for the attachment.

Do you have any more info available about the power train verification test?

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

P2262 Code Coming Up?

Yes, that link takes you to the attached.

Unfortunately, not much help.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

P2262 Code Coming Up?

It may be worth running a good fuel cleaner through the system to see if that helps.

I run a bottle of this every 3,000 miles; see attached.

https://www.archoil.com/products/ar6...ystem-cleaners

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #7

Re: P2262 Code Coming Up?

So I have some updates; after reading around, I’ve been seeing it could be a faulty MAP sensor.

I pulled it and cleaned it, which ruined it because it threw a code for a faulty map until I replaced it, wouldn’t allow me to clear the codes until I replaced it with a new one.

Now that I cleared the codes and got it replaced, I had a new code come up right after starting.

Its “U010C lost communication with turbocharger”. It could be bad wiring or a short somewhere because it doesn’t make sense that it keeps giving me different codes, especially this time since it threw the code before even driving it.

I’ve checked all the connections, batteries have been replaced in the last 6-7 months.

I am trying to avoid spending 4K on a turbo before I know that’s the problem, and since the VGT selector moved freely while I had the actuator off, I have a hard time believing that is the problem.

So if anyone has any idea what could be causing this or how to verify it is, in fact, my turbo, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks for the help

Update: it does not have a full boost anymore; it will only get to about 13psi.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    So I have some updates; after reading around, I’ve been seeing it could be a faulty MAP sensor.

I pulled it and cleaned it, which ruined it because it threw a code for a faulty map until I replaced it, wouldn’t allow me to clear the codes until I replaced it with a new one.

Now that I cleared the codes and got it replaced, I had a new code come up right after starting.

Its “U010C lost communication with turbocharger”. It could be bad wiring or a short somewhere because it doesn’t make sense that it keeps giving me different codes, especially this time since it threw the code before even driving it.

I’ve checked all the connections, batteries have been replaced in the last 6-7 months.

I am trying to avoid spending 4K on a turbo before I know that’s the problem, and since the VGT selector moved freely while I had the actuator off, I have a hard time believing that is the problem.

So if anyone has any idea what could be causing this or how to verify it is, in fact, my turbo, I would appreciate it.
    Thanks for the help

I agree that you may have a J1939 Datalink Bus circuit issue.

See this information attached for some detailed troubleshooting help.

U010C.pdf

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

P2262 Code Coming Up?

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post

Thanks for the help

I took the turbo off and then apart when I had that code.

Once it was completely broken down I cleaned it really well.

Once it was cleaner than from the factory I greased it up, put it all back together, and no more code.

I also have no idea what I’m doing LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #10

Quote Originally Posted by SKIBBEE4thGEN View Post
    I took the turbo off and then apart when I had that code.

Once it was completely broken down I cleaned it really well.

Once it was cleaner than from the factory I greased it up, put it all back together, and no more code.

I also have no idea what I’m doing LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So when you had the code what was going on with the truck?

The point I’m at now is the truck has about half the normal boost and basically no EB.

Were your problems similar once the code started coming up?

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast