Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  66
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P2262 Code Coming Up?

1. Top Of Page | #11

Re: P2262 Code Coming Up?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I agree that you may have a J1939 Datalink Bus circuit issue.

See this information attached for some detailed troubleshooting help.

Attachment 14358

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.
    I have followed all of the steps except pulling the PCM and checking continuity; I’m worried I’m going to mess something up.

I was getting proper voltage to the actuator and did a process of elimination with the other connected components, and everything seems to be working as it should, no shorts, no bad plugs, and no bad wires from what I can see and what I can test.

Today, I drove the truck a little to see how it would drive, and it had a full boost and EB for about 6 miles; then, after shutting it off and restarting it, right back to where I started, half boost and no EB.

Batteries are good, map sensor replaced, actuator replaced, no blown fuses; I don’t know where to go from here.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    I have followed all of the steps except pulling the PCM and checking continuity; I’m worried I’m going to mess something up.

I was getting proper voltage to the actuator and did a process of elimination with the other connected components, and everything seems to be working as it should, no shorts, no bad plugs, and no bad wires from what I can see and what I can test.

Today, I drove the truck a little to see how it would drive, and it had a full boost and EB for about 6 miles; then, after shutting it off and restarting it, right back to where I started, half boost and no EB.

Batteries are good, map sensor replaced, actuator replaced, no blown fuses; I don’t know where to go from here.
    So, the actuator is new, and you have verified the J1939 circuit as best you can.

You could have an intermittent heat-related electrical issue within the J1939 circuit or, however unlikely, your new actuator.

Another possibility is perhaps when your turbo warms up and the veins are sticking.

Did you try running some fuel system cleaner?

Have you been cleaning the codes, and are any of them returning?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

So when you had the code, what was going on with the truck?

The point I’m at now is the truck has about half the normal boost and basically no EB.

Were your problems similar once the code started coming up?
    Yes, with the boost, but I didn’t know then the importance of the EB, so I cannot speak to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

So, the actuator is new, and you have verified the J1939 circuit as best you can.

You could have an intermittent heat-related electrical issue within the J1939 circuit or, however unlikely, your new actuator.

Another possibility is perhaps when your turbo warms up and the veins are sticking.

Did you try running some fuel system cleaner?

Have you been cleaning the codes, and are any of them returning?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.
    Yes, I have run some fuel cleaner through the system.

The returning codes are U010c (lost communication with turbocharger) and p2262 (boost pressure not detected).

After running the troubleshooting, the P2262 P226C is the active codes.

After following the troubleshooting, you included in the post, all signs point to either the actuator or the VGT set up inside the turbo.

I’m starting to think the remaned actuator could have been the problem.

Im going to check the terminating resistance on the actuator pins to very if that is actually good or not.

Do you have any troubleshooting info for the P2262?

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Yes, I have run some fuel cleaner through the system.

The returning codes are U010c (lost communication with turbocharger) and p2262 (boost pressure not detected).

After running the troubleshooting, the P2262 P226C is the active codes.

After following the troubleshooting, you included in the post, all signs point to either the actuator or the VGT set up inside the turbo.

I’m starting to think the remaned actuator could have been the problem.

Im going to check the terminating resistance on the actuator pins to very if that is actually good or not.

Do you have any troubleshooting info for the P2262?
    The only information I have available for P2262 is attached in post #3.

I didn’t know you have a remanufactured actuator, so it’s possible you may have a bad one.

If you decide to replace it, I recommend the City Diesel actuator.

I have been running one for just over a year now without any problems.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

The only information I have available for P2262 is attached in post #3.

I didn’t know you have a remanufactured actuator, so it’s possible you may have a bad one.

If you decide to replace it, I recommend the City Diesel actuator.

I have been running one for just over a year now without any problems.

Same here.

I replaced my actuator with a City Diesel actuator and have never had a problem since.

Worth it for sure.

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

12. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12