Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  49
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac - Or Something Else?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac - Or Something Else?

Good morning all!

I am at the point of tire replacement and will be replacing some Mickey Thompson Baja ATZP3 All Terrains.

I could get the same ones but just looking at some options. I do mainly highway driving and a reasonable 24' boat towing.

I know that I don't want Toyo, Nitto or BFG as I have had bad experiences with them.

I found these Goodyear ones and have never used this brand before. The price seems reasonable, and the reviews SEEM decent, but I trust the opinions of the members on this forum above considerations scoured from the past 3-4 years online.

Does anyone have experience with these, or perhaps have an alternative suggestion for me to look at?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I don't have experience with the Wranglers, but I will add to look into cooper tires also; I've had tons of good experiences with them in the past.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

4. Thanks jgruberman, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by badbajawa View Post
    I don't have experience with the Wranglers but I will add to look into cooper tires also I've had tons of good experience with them in the past.

Thank you, I will look into those as well. I also just came across the "WRANGLER ULTRATERRAIN AT", which may be better for on-road and towing application but not sure. Will still look into Cooper though!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I've seen a lot of negativity towards all the Goodyear products in my snowy area, especially complaints of them getting hard after a year, but not my personal experience so I'll let the guys who run them chime in hopefully.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

You are in Texas; you might also look into the available tire.

I've always seen them do great in the hot climates, but again no personal experience.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I've always seen them do great in the hot climates, but again no personal experience.

Yes, in the Dallas metro area so a lot of highway roads.

I will take a look at General also.

Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience/habit of buying tires that I don't know anything about, so I wanted to get more ideas.

Going to these Mickey's was a strain for me to get myself "out of the box," but they were great tires.

I just wanted to keep my options/eyes open for alternatives.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I do see General tires having mixed/average reviews on most sites, even one like 4wheelparts.

That particular site has relatively unbiased reviews and usually decent information from users.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Yeah, the generals are horrid in that the northern states get them a bad reputation.

It's about the only tire most of my California desert buddy run though durable and heat-resistant.

I'd still push the Coopers; I'd still be running them if they made my size.

16. Thanks jgruberman, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

I have had nothing but problems with Goodyear tires.

I ended up replacing every vehicle I purchased that had Goodyear's within a month.

Alot of flat tires and a few that came apart on me.

This is 4 or 5 different cars not just one or two, and it ranges from front-wheel-drive cars to SUV's to pickups.

I will not consider them when tire shopping. I have had good experiences with Cooper and Michelin.

I currently have Toyo M/T's and am very happy with them.

They are a bit noisy on the highway but the treadwear is doing very well considering the high torque application.

Happy tire shopping!!

2024 Ram 2500 Tradesman 6.4l Hemi
    2021 Charger GT AWD Triple Nickel/Black

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I think I am ending up going with the Cooper Discoverer Rugged Trek.

The Grabbers actually were all back ordered out here and the others I had on my mind(I forget which) weren't within my trucks load rating and the shop wouldn't install them.

I noticed my remaining tread life is pretty minimal on the fronts, and I needed to choose something sooner than later, unfortunately.

Although the price tag was attractive of the Grabbers, maybe it was for the best.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast