Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: Service ABS/Electronic Brake System

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Service ABS/Electronic Brake System

I got the service abs/brake system message and lights on my 18 3500; it’s a widespread issue.

I bought the truck tuned already without the emissions components.

I called a dealer in my area and asked if they could check it out; even if my truck is tuned, they said to bring it in.

Are there any precautions I should take?

I have read on other forums to tell them not to flash the ECM.

Any recommendations are welcome.

This is my first diesel truck.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Service ABS/Electronic Brake System

I would recommend switching to the lowest HP tune and removing the tuner monitor before leaving your truck with the dealership.

You don’t want anyone “test” driving and abusing your truck or messing with the tuner or programming.

Take the tuner with you when you pick the truck up; if they decide to flash the PCM, you can reprogram it before heading home.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I would recommend switching to the lowest HP tune and removing the tuner monitor before leaving your truck with the dealership.

You don’t want anyone “test” driving and abusing your truck or messing with the tuner or programming.

Take the tuner with you when you pick the truck up; if they decide to flash the PCM, you can reprogram it before heading home.
    Thanks for the info, some more questions, truck will run normally if I disconnect the monitor correct?

Also, if the truck were to be flashed what is the process to reprogram it with tuner?

As stated previously I’m completely new to this, the truck has the MM3.

Thanks in advance.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mendozuh View Post
    Thanks for the info, some more questions, truck will run normally if I disconnect the monitor correct?

Also, if the truck were to be flashed what is the process to reprogram it with tuner?

As stated previously I’m completely new to this, the truck has the MM3.

Thanks in advance.
    With the monitor removed your truck will run normally on the last tune that was selected before disconnecting the monitor.

The MM3 is menu-driven so if you need to reprogram you will select the ECM menu and follow the prompts.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post