Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: No Start P0201, 202, & 203 - Probably My Fault

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

No Start P0201, 202, & 203 - Probably My Fault

I removed the black foam surrounding the injection lines to get better access to the rail pressure sensor.

I had unplugged the connection for the first bank of injectors and forgot to plug it back in when I was done.

I started the truck and turned it off 5 seconds after I heard the idle.

I plugged the injector wiring back in and started it again, it usually ran after that, but after i turned it off, it won't turn back on.

I'm now getting codes P0201, P0202, and P0203 (the bank of injectors I unplugged).

There's no crank, but it sounds like it's beginning a crank and stops. just a single "chunk."

At this point, I'm hoping it's as simple as the VC gasket/injector harness or a new ECM/PCM, but I'm resigned to shelling out the money for injectors if that's what it takes.

I did find troubleshooting for the injectors but I can't find a pinout for my 2017

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Re: No Start P0201, 202, & 203 - Probably My Fault

Quote Originally Posted by n_hall View Post
    I removed the black foam surrounding the injection lines to get better access to the rail pressure sensor.

I had unplugged the connection for the first bank of injectors and forgot to plug it back in when I was done.

I plugged the injector wiring back in and started it again, it usually ran after that, but after i turned it off, it won't turn back on.

I'm now getting codes P0201, P0202, and P0203 (the bank of injectors I unplugged).

There's no crank, but it sounds like it's beginning a crank and stops. just a single "chunk."

At this point, I'm hoping it's as simple as the VC gasket/injector harness or a new ECM/PCM, but I'm resigned to shelling out the money for injectors if that's what it takes.

I did find troubleshooting for the injectors but I can't find a pinout for my 2017
    Hopefully it’s not a big deal and you can get back on the road quickly.

I’m sorry I’m not savvy in this area, but I’m sure @AK_Bob is probably finding the troubleshooting guides right now.

Good luck brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Attached is the troubleshooting guide for P0201, I haven’t had a chance to study it yet.

The other two codes are the same for injectors 2 & 3.

I would start by performing the checks listed.

I will find and attach the other two codes.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks darrend2101, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Attached are the other two codes; it looks like they are all the same, so the information is duplicated.

If all resistance checks are okay and no shorts to the ground, I would check all fuses for an open.

Then clear the codes and see if she will run.

Please keep us posted.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks darrend2101, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Attached is the troubleshooting guide for P0201; I haven’t had a chance to study it yet.

The other two codes are the same for injectors 2 & 3.

I would start by performing the checks listed.

I will find and attach the other two codes.
    Way to never disappoint, sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I got it started!

Do you ever forget to look at the simplest things first?

After many days of checking voltage and resistance across everything, i finally checked my battery voltage 10v.

Just a dead battery was causing codes.

I appreciate the help still.

12. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

I got it started!

Do you ever forget to look at the simplest things first?

After many days of checking voltage and resistance across everything, i finally checked my battery voltage 10v.

Just a dead battery was causing codes.

I appreciate the help still.
    Glad it was an easy fix.

My biggest fear was that perhaps you had accidentally fried the injector driver.

A classic case of we couldn’t see the forest because of the trees, LOL.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post