Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  31
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11' 3500 CC LB SRW 4x4LB AT68 - Urgent

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 11' 3500 CC LB SRW 4x4LB AT68 - Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I suppose I should have posted to this part of the thread instead of further down.

My issue is a P2509 and no start. Lost communication to the ECM. Brand new batteries, all grounds are good and new TIPM. It sounds like same issue the above fella is having. I am wondering what fixed his problem?
    @BigRedC do you have an update on the fix?

Attached is a copy of the code for your information.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    I suppose I should have posted to this part of the thread instead of further down.

My issue is a P2509 and no start. Lost communication to the ECM. Brand new batteries, all grounds are good and new TIPM. It sounds like same issue the above fella is having. I am wondering what fixed his problem?
    OK, for communications, you need a power source, ground and a twisted pair of wires for CAN comms.
    P2509 is PCM power input signal intermittent.

So look for the power sources. I took a peek at my 2010 EWD, you want to look at J8 30A, M26 10A and J12, 40A. Also, make sure any empty space isnt a spot where a fuse is required.

So power source missing, communication wires broken, I think engine control is CAN2 system.
    A good digital scope would be the ticket.

This is what I got.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Hantek2D72-...56&sr=8-3&th=1

I did have a problem with my IHS CAN (internal high speed) but it never affected my running. Yours is probably CAN2 which is a high speed network.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    @BigRedC do you have an update on the fix?

Attached is a copy of the code for your information.
    Those CAN wires, goes to a "STAR" connector, this is a great place to poke with a 2 channel scope. The star is the can system, and they all tie in, nice thing is you can unplug legs of the CAN to see if you have a leg that is killing the COMMS by unplugging it.

Now this is for a 2019, ignore the Neanderthals arm.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12