Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  86
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Factory Brake Controller Q's

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: 2010 Factory Brake Controller Q's

OK, I will bite the bullet and upload the sales code XHC for the factory controller.

JDC likes it; I'm good with that.

Now plugging it in, it does work; all my readings come out in the display on the controller itself, i.e., trailer warning if unhooked and settings from 0-10, but that is it, and I suspect it's on heavy electric by default.

Without it in my EVIC, I can't change the settings.

ITBM_instructions.PDF

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Checking the reviews on Amazon for the factory brake controller on a 2010 RAM it appears that uploading the sales code will enable the display on the EVIC.

There is also a possibility that Alfaobd can enable the controller display on the Instrument panel and the radio, but I couldn’t find anything specific to your 2010.

https://www.amazon.com/2010-2011-DOD...ews/B00522Q62W

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Checking the reviews on Amazon for the factory brake controller on a 2010 RAM it appears that uploading the sales code will enable the display on the EVIC.

There is also a possibility that Alfaobd can enable the controller display on the Instrument panel and the radio, but I couldn’t find anything specific to your 2010.

https://www.amazon.com/2010-2011-DOD...ews/B00522Q62W
    Yes, I have alpha OBD and it doesnt work with my truck.

I have the paid for version and even bought a laptop to run it as all I have was a desktop.

I know a phone works, but I also have access to factory Toyota software uploaded on my laptop.

On the Amazon reviews, they say you dont need to upload and I am aware, it does work from the unit directly, but I have no access to the light or heavy mode or elec over hydraulic.

Mine is too hot for my enclosed 7X16 enclosed trailer.

So while I'm in there, I figure I will have them upload more sales code.

I swapped over the rims, so I will have them upload that sales code too along with my bluetooth hands free phone deal.

Now that wont work until I upload the sames code.

Its already installed, so I do get a network comms code, it sees it but computer (TIPM) doesnt know what to do with it, same as my brake controller.

So by going to Mopartpartsgiant.com I can search for the wheels and it gives me the sales code and I have a library of all the Mopar sales codes to confirm it.

I just wish I knew a dealer tech who could just do this from his home laptop.

I will have to have my sales code uploaded. Actually, when ever I look for parts for my truck, I have to use Dodge, then model is RAM 2500 and of course, mine is a Dailmer Chrysler product. ALFA OBD was more for the Fiat stuff, so 2013 onward, its perfect.

2011, you have to pick RAM then 2500, even on factory Mopar parts websites.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Update AlfaOBD DOES work on my truck was an operator error.

I went into the body module, then vehicle settings, and man, I had loads of options.

I scrolled down to the ITBM and turned it on, and also turned on my uconnect Bluetooth I had added.

Both work like a charm.

It shows up in a vehicle scan now as another couple of components, so if I do take them out, I can turn them off to avoid network codes or conflicts.

Now I will snoop around and see if I can turn on a security setting.

OK, now my display does show up on the EVIC, but I didn't have the settings for heavy or light electricity.

Do those show up only after the trailer is hooked up? I have the trailer with a line through it.

I will remove my tekonsha prodigy controller; I never drilled holes; I just had it taped to the console.

I used AlfaOBD on a PC laptop with the wireless OBD MX link.

Give me the options of adding quad lights and LED lights.

The list is endless.

8. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    I don’t know about 2010, but on my 2021, I do not have # of axles as a choice, heavy electric, electric, electric over hydraulic, I believe that’s it.

I save trailers for my settings for each, although those change with loads hauled.

C/T, where do you access those settings or adjustments?

I dont see them, but I have not plugged in my trailer either.

I assume in the EVIC, via the steering wheel controls when plugged in?

I had an LR brake light out (LED on my trailer), so I will probably hook the truck up to check to see if the new lamps fixed it and will check brake control settings.

I suspect mine is the default in heavy electric, and I need light.

My controller worked fine without the network seeing it but I was not able to config, just heavy.

My enclosed trailer probably doesn't see over 5000 lbs with my gear in it.

#CrazyTrain

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Center stack, settings, trailer, under the trailer, you get braking options and can name the trailer.

You can do this in the center stack without the trailer hooked up.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

12. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    Center stack, settings, trailer, under the trailer, you get braking options and can name the trailer.

You can do this in the center stack without the trailer hooked up.
    OK, under mine, I get no options; gain control from 0 to 10.

So I looked in the operator's manual, and it was the same deal.

Mine is just too old, I guess.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, under mine, I get no options; gain control from 0 to 10.

So I looked in the operator's manual, and it was the same deal.

Mine is just too old, I guess.
    Can you do a firmware update?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    Can you do a firmware update?
    No, probably a dealer-only deal.

The owner's manual doesn't show it, but an update might.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I ordered a new factory controller and updated TIPM for the brake controller, which works flawlessly.

I love it enough; the Tekonsha Prodigy is now gone and no longer in my truck.

19. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12