Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  46
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F*** Mopar Online

1. Top Of Page | #1

F*** Mopar Online

So I’ve wanted to do the shifter column to console swap for a while.

I always thought it would be north of $1000, so it was on the back burner.

Then I found out that I could get away with doing it for a few hundred dollars because I already had the console.

Finding out that it was doable now without giving up engine mods because of the cost, I went to the internet to find all the pieces I needed.

I first went to chryslerparts.com, put the cart together, and found they wanted $350 for freight, more than the total of parts.

I went searching again and ran into similar situations.

So then I went to my Mopar and found everything I needed to accomplish my long-awaited swap.

After months of waiting, I finally paid for the parts, spent too much on expedited shipping, and have been patiently waiting.

Today I received an email stating that my order had been canceled with no explanation.

I’m so $&%#*!? Mad right now.

I want a console shifter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: F*** Mopar Online

Parts are more than likely back-ordered.

We can’t even get standard parts in a reasonable amount of time, much fewer specialty parts.

If you got part numbers, I’d look them up tomorrow.

4. Thanks SKIBBEE4thGEN, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post

We can’t even get standard parts in a reasonable amount of time, much fewer specialty parts.

I appreciate you.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SKIBBEE4thGEN View Post
    So I’ve wanted to do the shifter column to console swap for a while.

I always thought it would be north of $1000, so it was on the back burner.

Then I found out that I could get away with doing it for a few hundred dollars because I already had the console.

Finding out that it was doable now without giving up engine mods because of the cost, I went to the internet to find all the pieces I needed.

I first went to chryslerparts.com, put the cart together, and found they wanted $350 for freight, more than the total of parts.

I went searching again and ran into similar situations.

So then I went to my Mopar and found everything I needed to accomplish my long-awaited swap.

After months of waiting, I finally paid for the parts, spent too much on expedited shipping, and have been patiently waiting.

Today I received an email stating that my order had been canceled with no explanation.

I’m so $&%#*!? Mad right now.

I want a console shifter.

If you can give the me the order number/part numbers for what you need I can see if my friends in chrysler specifying/expediting dealer service can see why it was canceled and might be able to locate the items you're looking for.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

8. Thanks SKIBBEE4thGEN, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

I think that’s everything I need.

I already have the console shifter itself.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

Quote Originally Posted by K3n357 View Post
    If you can give the me the order number/part numbers for what you need I can see if my friends in chrysler specifying/expediting dealer service can see why it was canceled and might be able to locate the items you're looking for.
    I just posted the parts list.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Why not go to your local dealership.

I checked on the major parts - cables, brackets, clips, etc. Theyy were all available within a few days.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

F*** Mopar Online

The gearshift control cable was 3x what it is online. I hung up after hearing that so I’m not sure about the rest.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

For the cancelation, it doesn't show on their system either why it was canceled; he told me it could be VIN-related, parts unavailable.

Certain parts you can order, but when going through FCA/Mopar, details are dealer specific.

That's what he told me.

The FCA systems show everything available to order from the FCA warehouses for dealers, but the dealer cost is ridiculous.

2014 ram slt. 6.8L, s472, ddp supermental 150%'s, 12mm CP3, fleece powerflo, stage 2 d&j head, revmax 700,

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

I ran into the same deal.

My order was just canceled.

No explanation (I ordered a new TIPM) and so I called the local dealer and they said it may take a while, backorder, etc.

I said, so I still need it, let's get it ordered so I can get in line.

I have 3 other Toyotas I can drive, it's not a daily driver and I have it in about a week.

This whole supply chain deal is irritating, too many people were getting paid to stay home, now no one wants to go to work, not even for more money. Stop paying them, they dont work, they dont eat. They get hungry, they will work. Certainly no shortage of jobs. So that excuse wont cut it.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

20. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast