Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp Lejeune NC Alignment

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Camp Lejeune NC Alignment

On my old truck, it was bad.

This one is not as bad.

I bought this truck used at 21k miles, and the alignment was pretty bad.

I don't see the tire sticking out.

I don't know if it hit a curb before I got it.

I added both alignments I had done.

The one with before and after is what it was when I bought it. The single one is the 2nd alignment.

This truck has 35x12.5.

I don't know how much that has to do with a bit more outerwear.

Hahaha, the water, I'm not stationed here, but I work on base as a contractor.

I said camp Lejeune bc I live in Hubert, and I figured more people know where the base is than where I live.

We don't drink anything but bottled water regardless if we are on or off base.

2018 2500 68RFE, Amp steps, Thurn leveling kit, and suspension, Harters wheels 35 in tires. coming: Trans tuning, intake horn, 3.5 in charge pipes.

18 BigHorn 2500 Delmonico Red

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

My 2017 does the same thing.

I have looked at it several times, and they all say the same thing.

It’s in spec.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbitt View Post
    On my old truck, it was bad.

This one is not as bad.

I bought this truck used at 21k miles, and the alignment was pretty bad.

I don't see the tire sticking out.

I don't know if it hit a curb before I got it.

I added both alignments I had done.

The one with before and after is what it was when I bought it. The single one is the 2nd alignment.

This truck has 35x12.5.

I don't know how much that has to do with a bit more outerwear.

Hahaha, the water, I'm not stationed here, but I work on base as a contractor.

I said camp Lejeune bc I live in Hubert, and I figured more people know where the base is than where I live.

We don't drink anything but bottled water regardless if we are on or off base.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...fad6d8e9f3.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...e088ecd066.jpg

2018 2500 68RFE, Amp steps, Thurn leveling kit, and suspension, Harters wheels 35 in tires. coming: Trans tuning, intake horn, 3.5 in charge pipes.

That alignment is fine, cambers are close to 0 or straight up. Now caster is red, but dont let that worry you, that caster is fine. What you want on caster is definitly a positive number and equal side to side, no more than a half degree from side to side. Closer to each other, the better. That caster will give you good straight line stability too.

I would like to have seen the toe more inboard, ie the green past the middle specs vs the outer edge.
    Reason being, these trucks have lots of steering parts, and when you go down the road, they pull outward a bit, so inward more would let them move to the sweet spot when traveling. As it is now, you could more to the red on tow when traveling down the road. Its not much to worry about, but me being extra picky, is how I would of done it.

Just monitor tire wear. Run the palm of you hand over the tread surface, both directions, feel for that feathering, toe out will feather on the inside edges. Some feathering can occur on outside too, just from normal cornering as your heavy diesel nose wants to plow forward as you turn. I keep my turns as easy as possible, cut roundabouts of the inside curb allows, wider sweeping turns if you can. Its not always possible, but do it when you can.

Same goes if your pulling a trailer with tandem axles ir 3 axles, make any turns as wide as you can.

Keep tire pressure at specs. Rotate with oil changes, just front to back.

If you have a lift or changed offset or both, larger, wider or taller tires, that really tosses factory engineering out the window. But straight line, as far as wear, you are golden with those specs.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbitt View Post
    I need someone in the Camp Lejeune area that can do a proper alignment on my 2014.

It's stock height and suspension.

I've had two done, and it is still tearing up the outside of the passenger tire.

I only have 5000 miles on the tires and jacked up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Maybe up tire pressure.

You running load range E tires?

Is sidewall or tire size deviated from stock? You corner hard?

The nose of these trucks is super heavy, when you turn, that weight=mass wants to continue to go straight, so higher speeds, low pressure, you can really grind up tires.

Sidewall strength is key to load range E or higher tires too.

Alignment specs are more for straight where most of your miles comes from aside from gradual turns.

Roundabouts, parking lots, fast sharp turns, all grinds up tires.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Maybe up tire pressure.

You running load range E tires?

Is sidewall or tire size deviated from stock? You corner hard?

The nose of these trucks is super heavy, when you turn, that weight=mass wants to continue to go straight, so higher speeds, low pressure, you can really grind up tires.

Sidewall strength is key to load range E or higher tires too.

Alignment specs are more for straight where most of your miles comes from aside from gradual turns.

Roundabouts, parking lots, fast sharp turns, all grinds up tires.
    Thank I appreciate all your input. I am running e load tires.

The truck came with 35x12.5 22 and the offset pushes them out so they are some big tires. I guess it is going to be something I have to live with.

I wouldn't say I corner really hard I definitely dont drive it like i do my wifes mini.

The roads out here also lean right for water bc cause of how much rain we get. I'm sure that doesn't help either.

2018 2500 68RFE, Amp steps, Thurn leveling kit and suspension, Harters wheels 35 in tires. coming: Trans tuning, intake horn, 3.5 in charge pipes.

18 BigHorn 2500 Delmonico Red

10. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12