Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: Push Button Start - Drive Away?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Push Button Start - Drive Away?

So I'm contemplating changing my RAM from the Tear-drop FOBIK to the Push-Button start.

I'm building a parts list and have found a few places on HOW to do it, including Auto Tech Electronic selling the whole kit out of Texas. (I think I can build the kit myself for cheaper)

Here's my question: I've heard about a "Police Mode" that locks the truck in the park if the key is removed from the cab for those who have the Bush Button Start.

I want that feature enabled if I do this upgrade on my 14 Chrysler T&C that has a push-button start, I've tested where I left the key at home and drove the vehicle around the block w/ no problems.

This SCREAMS a theft risk to me.

• If you have Push Button Start, can you drive the truck, functioning the gears like normal w/o the key like my experienced w/ my Van?
    • Does anyone know how to get this police mode that I've heard about? is it a specific RF Hub that I have to get, or is it more than that?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Push Button Start - Drive Away?

I have two Chrysler products with a push to start.

A 2017 Grand Cherokee and 2016 RAM 3500.

As long as the vehicle is started with the FOB, you can continue to drive it around until you shut it off if the FOB is removed.

This happens often if I am driving either vehicle and my wife has the FOB and gets out while I go and park.

My Truck: 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie, granite crystal metallic/tan interior, CCLB SRW 4x4, 68RFE, 6.7 Cummins, rear air, 5th wheel pkg. MODS: MM3 w/tunes, EGR delete, ITC grid heater delete, GDP airhorn, GDP heater, ARP 625 head studs, FloPro 5", REVMAX billet VB, Synergy steering, Thuren .5" lift/sway, Fox remote res shocks, Morimoto HIDs and LED fogs.
    My 5th Wheel: 2022 Grand Design 390 RK, 3 ACs, Gen Prep, too much storage ~16,000 rolling.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post