Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: Adding Factory Remote Install With ALFAOBD

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Adding Factory Remote Install With ALFAOBD

Hey guys, this may have been somewhere in the past, but I am hoping someone could help with some info, either done it or another post on how too.

I searched and haven't found anything, nor is there much in Google land/Youtube for 2018 2500.

2018 RAM 2500 Tradesman 68RFE, I've seen some guys on Youtube say they were able to program their 1500s with Alfaobd to have factory remote start that all you need is to check to see if you have the hood latch safety wiring (if not, it's hidden and can be connected) and a remote that is with 4 buttons (unlock, lock, panic, and 2x for a remote start).

Can anyone say definitely that a Tradesman can be programmed to have a factory remote start and that it's all there?

What else is needed beyond the Alfaobd needs?

How to hook up the hood safety switch/latch?

What to choose on the Alfa app?

After getting new remotes, can I program the remotes with Alfa, or can only the dealer do that?

I want to go factory and not aftermarket and wonder if it's capable without going to a dealer?

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

Adding Factory Remote Install With ALFAOBD

I can’t answer the question about the remote start cause I haven’t done it, but I remember reading lots of posts where guys had.

As far as the Programing keys, you absolutely can do that with ALPHAOBD.

It would help if you had something to talk to the program, and I use OBD Link MX+; it’s a Bluetooth device plugs into your OBD connection under the dash.

There are plenty of write-ups about changing things and navigating the program.

You’ll probably find there’s a lot more that you’ll want to do once you get into it.

I added power-folding mirrors, changed my TPMS, changed my DRL, activated my Aux switches, and others.

Definitely worth the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: Adding Factory Remote Install With ALFAOBD

Quote Originally Posted by wingnit View Post
    Hey guys, this may have been somewhere in the past, but I am hoping someone could help with some info, either done it or another post on how too.

I searched and haven't found anything, nor is there much in Google land/Youtube for 2018 2500.

2018 RAM 2500 Tradesman 68RFE, I've seen some guys on Youtube say they were able to program their 1500s with Alfaobd to have factory remote start that all you need is to check to see if you have the hood latch safety wiring (if not, it's hidden and can be connected) and a remote that is with 4 buttons (unlock, lock, panic, and 2x for a remote start).

Can anyone say definitely that a Tradesman can be programmed to have a factory remote start and that it's all there?

What else is needed beyond the Alfaobd needs?

How to hook up the hood safety switch/latch?

What to choose on the Alfa app?

After getting new remotes, can I program the remotes with Alfa, or can only the dealer do that?

I want to go factory and not aftermarket and wonder if it's capable without going to a dealer?
    I haven't tried it, but if you haven't already seen it, this link may help.

Maybe one of these guys that have done it will chime in, or you could PM them.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...Question/page2

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post