Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  45
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parking Light Out MSG After LED Headlight Install

1. Top Of Page | #1

Parking Light Out MSG After LED Headlight Install

Hey guys, after installing a set of alpharex headlights and LED bulbs, I’ve started getting a “parking light out” msg only when I use my turn signals with my high beams on.

I’ve tried a couple of different LED decoders, but they didn’t resolve the issue. Any other ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Parking Light Out MSG After LED Headlight Install

Maybe a load balancer or whatever they are called.

The LED’s do not draw enough power. I have a message about my back up lights being out ever since I put in LED backup lights.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

A couple resistors per light to "waste" power should do the truck need to calculate the resistance required for wattage.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Or use alfaobd to set the marker lights to led.

2018 srw 3500

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Calcon1450 View Post
    Hey guys, after installing a set of alpharex headlights and LED bulbs, I’ve started getting a “parking light out” msg only when I use my turn signals with my high beams on.

I’ve tried a couple of different LED decoders, but they didn’t resolve the issue. Any other ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

The LED etc has a different current draw or load, with little load, the body computer thinks the lamp is out I suspect.

There is a program called alfaOBD, I have the full purchased version for 50 bucks on my laptop, it its a lot more useful for the new rigs. You can go into your body section and change the program to LED lights, it can do loads of things like cal turbo actuator, change preferred tire pressure settings or turn it all off altogether, allows you to do LED anywhere.

My truck is a 2010, so not as helpful, but you guys with the 13 and newer, sky is the limit. If its an 18 or newer, there is some gateway deal you have to deal with, not a big issue.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, Calcon1450, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crshanta View Post
    Bingo, I guess I should of read all post before replying.

I mentioned alphaOBD also.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

12. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Well, on my '17 2500 SLT I've ran into "this out", "that out" on several combos of front and rears when upgrading from incandescent to LED. Now, this is kinda bush okie, but here is what solved my issues. I simply bought new 3157 bulb sockets and spliced into each corner effectively making two bulb connections each. Made the normal connections to the light housings with LED's, but put 3157 bulbs in each of the second female connectors. A perfect resistor. Just what the BCM is looking for. Then I epoxied small sections of PVC pipe around each connector to protect the bulb and reduce projected light. Found a clean place to tuck away and wire tie them up and there ya go. No more errors, no hyper flashing...perfect ever since. Now if I get an error I'll know one of my "resistors" needs replacing.

I upgraded the rear to 5th gens. The included harness came with resistors (7.5 ohms) so I simply removed the incandescent bulbs. No problems. Now, most recently, I installed a set of Alpharex Nova 5th gen style headlights. Removed the front 3157's and they worked perfectly for about a month. Now I get a "Parking Light Out" error when I start the truck and when I activate either turn signal with the lights on. Next step, gonna plug the 3157's back in and see if it fixes the issue. The Nova's are killer lights. DRL's and sequential unlock are simply awesome. Too bad their customer support sucks. I've contacted them a couple of times...nothing. ;-( And for what these headlights cost!

'17 2500 SLT, 6" on 37's, 4.44's, Tuned/MM3/Matched Autometer, Grid Delete w/GDP Horn, BDD Ironhorn BW 364SXE Turbo, S&B Intake, 5" Turbo Back W/Muffler, Revmax Zeroflex Valve Body & Thermal Bypass, Mag-Hytec, 8.4AN & EVIC Upgrade, Fab Fours/Fusion, Full LED and a host of other mods.

13. Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I do agree with the customer's support.

Dialing the headlights was a bit picky, but I got them adequately aimed and haven't gotten flashed because of it.

You'll be fixed with what's suggested above.

I hard-wired my lights in for the sake of OE with Aftermarket connections are horrible.

Let me know if you lose a light coming off and on later down the road.

Enjoy the lights, and they are nice.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  16. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

As an update to my "fix" above, I bought AlfaOBD and changed my lights to LED.

That was three weeks ago, and I've never gotten another error message.

I don't know why I didn't do this sooner, LOL.

No more resistors!

Life is good.

'17 2500 SLT, 6" on 37's, 4.44's, Tuned/MM3/Matched Autometer, Grid Delete w/GDP Horn, BDD Ironhorn BW 364SXE Turbo, S&B Intake, 5" Turbo Back W/Muffler, Revmax Zeroflex Valve Body & Thermal Bypass, Mag-Hytec, 8.4AN & EVIC Upgrade, Fab Fours/Fusion, Full LED and a host of other mods.

17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Crshanta View Post
    BINGO

I bought the AlfaOBD, but my truck being a 2010, options are limited, 13 and later, the doors really open up.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast