Re: Parking Light Out MSG After LED Headlight Install

Glad you all got it sorted.

2018 srw 3500

2. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jeepmanjr View Post
    .... Now I get a "Parking Light Out" error when I start the truck and when I activate either turn signal with the lights on. Next step
    OK, sounds like a open in a circuit or high resistance at a ground. I would suspect the light circuit (park lights) look for any circuit which may be a bit dimmer. If you have a poor ground and the circuit is activated, the current will feed back through the system, it can produce a counter voltage dimming or turning off and in this case, it thinks a lamp is out.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, sounds like a open in a circuit or high resistance at a ground. I would suspect the light circuit (park lights) look for any circuit which may be a bit dimmer. If you have a poor ground and the circuit is activated, the current will feed back through the system, it can produce a counter voltage dimming or turning off and in this case, it thinks a lamp is out.
    Thank you for your reply. After having moved to all LED, removed all resistors and reprogrammed to LED using AlfaOBD, everything is still 100% after four months. The problem was definitely with the Alpharex headlights. AlfaOBD is a great tool!

'17 2500 SLT, 6" on 37's, 4.44's, Tuned/MM3/Matched Autometer, Grid Delete w/GDP Horn, BDD Ironhorn BW 364SXE Turbo, S&B Intake, 5" Turbo Back W/Muffler, Revmax Zeroflex Valve Body & Thermal Bypass, Mag-Hytec, 8.4AN & EVIC Upgrade, Fab Fours/Fusion, Full LED and a host of other mods.

6. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12