Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  57
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Superior Transmission Shop - El Paso, Texas - Advice

1. Top Of Page | #1

Superior Transmission Shop - El Paso, Texas - Advice

I need some advice about what to do concerning a mechanic has repeatedly lied about the time frame for a job.

I decided to re-gear my truck to 4.10 Gears after going to 37's recently. I purchased all gears and install kits myself and was referred by the diesel shop that did my exhaust to a shop about 45 mins away. The owner said he was a little backed up and couldn't get to it right away and to call him the following week about bringing it in when he was available. Approximately 10 days after my initial phone call he said to bring it in. I dropped it off on a Thursday and he said he thought it would be done the following Tuesday.

He has now had my truck at his shop for 43 days. I've had a rental car 90% of the time racking up that bill. The first week or two after he failed to meet his own time fame I felt I became invested in the project already and he kept telling me that my truck was next on his priorities but then would make ridiculous excuses every single time of why he wasn't able to get to it.

I kept believing him and eventually he claimed to start the rear diff. I should mention that not once has he ever returned my phone call after my truck was at his shop. Maybe 1 out of 6 times will he answer the phone. I call every 3-4 days and he tells me a new date and then fails to meet it. I've driven to his shop to confront him 6 or 7 times. The last 3 weeks the rear diff he says has been started but not completed so I can't even take the truck and no progress is being made by his own admission.

Has anyone encountered anything similar and if so are there any actions I can take? I'm considering legal action but don't know if I have any ground to stand on or how to go about it. The shop is located in Texas.

I work overseas for 3-4 months at a time and have about 4 weeks left before I return to work.

At this point i'm very concerned that he won't finish my truck before I have to leave and I have no idea what that will lead to.

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Wow! That’s unbelievable he would do that.

Does he already have the rear diff out?

If not, I would get the truck and all the parts you purchased and take them home before traveling again.

Contact a lawyer to see if anything can be done.

Did you sign any paperwork stating the truck would be ready when he said?

Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Please keep us informed of what happens.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab
    Cummins,G56, Rough Country level, Morimoto LED fog lights, LED headlights, Lund Attitude Steps sprayed with Line-X, DRL's Activated, 35x12.50R18 Falken Wildpeak ATW3, Fuel Vapor Wheels Matte Black w/Dark Tint, A.R.E. Truck cap and swing boxes

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

What is the name of the shop?

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

The rear gears were removed 3 weeks ago, so I don't think taking the truck back is possible.

He started working on the vehicle, and I had hoped it would be completed soon, but now he's stopped working on it for whatever reason.

I keep kicking myself for not taking it back much sooner and trusting that he would do what he said.

I was told it was a 2-3 day job in total. Had I known that 43 days would pass and it still wouldn't be done, I would have never left it with him?

I don't have paperwork with an estimated completion date.

At this point, I'm looking more at industry standards for how long the job should take.

I am at a complete loss as to what there is to do to get my truck back.

8. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    What is the name of the shop?

Thank you,
    igotacummins
    Superior Transmission in El Paso, TX.

I was referred there by a reputable diesel shop in the area who said the shop had done diff work for them before.

10. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KMA1994 View Post
    Superior Transmission in El Paso, TX.

I was referred there by a reputable diesel shop in the area who said the shop had done diff work for them before.
    They have a 4.1 review rating on Google, so we wonder what is happening.

Thank you,
    igotacummins

"The grass is greener where you water it"

12. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, timshooter40 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

Re: Superior Transmission Shop - El Paso, Texas - Advice

I had high hopes when I was initially referred there as I saw the same rating. The level of honesty and forthcoming about what is actually happening at the shop is quite appalling though. The owner is the only one who does the differential work and he won't commit to taking up one of his lifts and "having one of my mechanics just standing around" if the owner has to do paperwork or answer the phone.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I’m moving to El Paso in June.

Glad to know this.

I was looking for places to bring my truck for a bigger tank and possibly some trans work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifera View Post
    I’m moving to El Paso in June.

Glad to know this.

I was looking for places to bring my truck for a bigger tank and possibly some trans work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Learn from my mistakes!

Hopefully you can find a better experience than the one I'm having.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Absolutely ridiculous, unless he is waiting on a part other than what you supplied him.

If it’s not done before you leave, I would have it picked up on a flatbed along with the parts and start a small claims case against him.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast