Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quadzilla Adrenaline Help!!!! Please

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

I don't take the timing as a true timing change though. Jeremy at Quad hasn't completely explained it to me. He may have tried, but I am impared. (Honestly! Had a few strokes)

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

ahahahaha well the timing changes the timing in the pump cuz its electronic, there is no way to time a 24v pump without going into it and doing it electronically. and you start with the factory tune weather its the factory tune or if you downloaded anew tune off of the wbsite like bata 3000 tunes it replaces your factory tune with that tune. then from there you change what works best for your truck towing playing etc. best way to find out is to try stuff ahaha you will kno if it doesnt liek it it will run liek crap or pop on higher rpms.

3. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

It doesn't change it at the pump. The injectors are electrically fired so that is where the timing is done.

I have to do this in baby steps. My memory is poor

4. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quadzilla Adrenaline Help!!!! Please

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    It doesn't change it at the pump. The injectors are electrically fired so that is where the timing is done.

I have to do this in baby steps. My memory is poor
    I think you need a crash course on the difference between VP44 and common rail injection. VP44 is an electronically controlled injection pump with mechanical injectors. Common rail CP3 is a high pressure pump with electronically controlled injectors that are fed off of one fuel rail that all the injectors have in common.

In this thread we are talking about the VP44, which has mechanical injectors, opened solely by fuel pressure in the injection lines. All timing changes are executed in the VP44 itself

5. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Your right. . . .

I'll shut up now. I don't know anything

6. Top Of Page | #16
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quadzilla Adrenaline Help!!!! Please

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Your right. . . .

I'll shut up now. I don't know anything
    You seem to have a good understanding of common rails, the only error I've seen is assuming all things common rail directly translate to other cummins engines

7. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Steves got some dain bramage from 3 strokes. Knowledgeable as all get out when he can remember, and thinks for a minute. Too many threads and such he seems confoozed.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

8. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

Thanks Alex. . . It's been hard lately

9. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

It can get better as you get a little more off your plate

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12